I Knew You Were Trouble Ch. 4

By the time the flight had ended, Riker and I were back in best-friends range. I'd even gotten some of his information (I.E. phone number, address, email, etc.) so we wouldn't lose touch again. "So after this, where do you go?" He asked. "Well, my family and I go to the Austin and Ally set after this to meet everyone and learn more about what's going down, and then we stay at a hotel until my mom finishes house hunting, and then we go home." I explained. He responded with a simple "Ah." "So you'll be seeing Ross today, right?" He asked. "Yes I will." I answered awkwardly. He laughed a little. "He's um... Quite the character now." He laughed. I stopped him right there. "What do you mean?" I asked, putting my hand on his chest as if to say ''You're not leaving until you tell me''. "It's nothing really, he's just... Grown up. I guess you could say." He tried to explain. I laughed. "Alright, well, our car is probably here. I gotta run. I'll see you around, okay?" I gave him a hug and waved goodbye. I started walking towards my car. I guess I was about to find out just what Riker meant.

I finally arrived at the set. As I got out of the car and pulled out my things, I was greeted by two men. The first one was handsome, tan with bright blue eyes and brown hair. The other was handsome too, with brown hair and brown eyes. "Hi, you must be Erica Parrinello. I'm Heath, and this is Kevin. We're the producers and directors of Austin and Ally. It's a pleasure to meet you." The first one said. "Hi, it's so nice to meet you, Kevin and Heath." I greeted back. They talked a little about themselves and what the plan was for today. They lead me inside the doors to the set. As soon as I walked in, I saw people and things. People rushing around, on the phone or with props or something, people playing with effects and the camera and lighting, others were just running around, and some were just sitting around. Then, I saw him. Ross. He was over by the snack table, eating gummy worms and talking to the rest of the cast. Kevin called them over. Oh, the way he looked up and smiled, then began to walk, flipping his hair out of his face.... It melted me. I was in a trance until I realized they were all in front of me, staring. "Hi, I'm Erica Parrinello. I won the demo contest and now I've got a record deal and I'll be working with you guys in Austin and Ally for a while." I said, shaking all of their hands. I got to Ross, and immediately, he pulled me into a hug. Laura coughed, and Ross let go, like an obedient puppy. "Erica? Is that really you?" He asked. I nodded and smiled. "Damn, you're hot now." He smiled. I blushed a little. "Umm, thanks... You too I guess." I mumbled. Laura was sending me death glares. I looked at her and made a face. Not one that was nasty, but one that had some attitude to it. After Heath and Kevin were gone, Ross and the cast pulled me over to a table and started talking to me. "Geez, Erica. I didn't know a scrawny little thing like you could sound like pure sex when she sings." Ross cooed. I guess that was a compliment. He was probably just trying to be funny. Laura nudged him. "Oh, don't worry, baby, you're still my little dancer...." He whispered to her. She smiled, and glanced at me. As Ross hugged her, she looked over his shoulder and mouthed "Back the **** off." I stared at her in awe. I just decided to brush it off though. I thought that little joke from Ross about my voice was a one time thing, but the perverted, dirty hits kept coming. Finally, I couldn't take it. "What the heck happened to you?" I blurted. I didn't mean to say it, but it just came out. He looked at me and simply said "I grew up. I moved on from the past. It's called moving on. Someday you should try it." I had had enough. He was being a complete jerk now. I stood up, and walked out, slamming the door behind me. I ran to my dressing room, and locked the door. I began to cry a little. How could he act this towards me? It was just sad. Suddenly there was a knock on the door. I opened it. It was Laura. I looked at her, waiting for her to tell me off or something. But instead, she saw the tears in my eyes and gave me a hug. It was nice. Maybe she was just jealous at first, but then realized how hurt I was. So I thought. Instead, she pulled my shirt up, tied the sleeves together, and pulled out her phone. She took a picture and laughed. "Ross always wanted another slut to dance for him.... Come near him again, and let's just say, he'll find her." She said, waving the phone near my face. She walked away, leaving behind only the smell of her fruity perfume. I hated this Laura girl. It was official. The first day on set, and I've already made an enemy.