I Knew You Were Trouble (A Ross Lynch Love Story)

I took a deep breath and opened my eyes to watch the December snow fall, covering my yard with a thin layer of frost. I'm Erica Parrinello. I'm 15 and I live in Denver with my mom and little sister Talia. My dad left us when I was about 6 because he "wanted more opportunities" or something. I haven't eard anything of him since. Lord knows if he's even alive anymore. Anyways, it was almost the 29th of December. The 29th was always special to me because it was my old friend Ross's birthday. Yes, it was Ross Lynch. See, I used to live by him before he moved to LA or Northridge or wherever he is now. He was always so sweet and kind, and I had a HUGE crush on him. Even though he and his family were gone now, every December 29th I go outside in jeans and a t-shirt and lay in the freezing snow with my sister to see who can stay there the longest. Ross and I would always do this on his birthday. It was our little thing. No one knows exactly why we did it, not even us, but it was our thing, and it was gonna be our tradition no matter what.

I threw on my clothes and went downstairs. My mom was sitting in our living room, talking to someone on the phone. Her expression was uplifting and joyful, yet her voice was stern. I walked into the kitchen and poured myself a bowl of cereal. After 20 minutes or so, my mom came rushing into the kitchen, and just stared at me with the biggest smile I'd ever seen. "What..?" I asked her. "I just got off the phone with the talent agency.... Hollywood records is looking for talented singers, and they want you to send in a demo!" she shrieked. I dropped my spoon and just stated at her. I'm sure I sounded like a total idiot as I just sat there in awe. "Me?" I asked. "YES! They said you have one of the biggest chances of the agency. They want girls 13-19 to send in demos and the winner gets a record deal and gets to guest star on Austin and Ally!" she exclaimed. I stopped in my tracks. Austin and Ally. Ross was on that show. If I got it, I could see Ross again. It was worth a try, right? After a moment of thinking, i finally said "I'll do it."

*In LA - Ross POV*

"And CUT!" the director yelled. We had just finished filming the last scene in of a new episode of Austin and Ally. I walked off stage and back to my dressing room. Laura, my costar awaited me. "So... Ross... I was wondering if maybe tonight you and I could go out?" she asked me, putting her arms around my neck. I actually had a date with Raini tonight, but, Laura was just so..... My type. So was Raini, but I couldn't pass Laura up. Maybe I could just do both. If I make them both stay quiet about it, then no one will know, right? Raini and I were going out to lunch at 3... I would have to make sure it was over by 5. "Sure. How about 5:30 tonight?" I whispered to her. Her face was inches from mine. "Sounds great." she whispered back, and walked out of the room. I sat down on the couch. Maybe if things went right, I could get lucky with Laura... I'd have to be careful, but I could do it.