I Knew You Were Trouble Ch. 8

I leaned in and put my arms around Ross's neck. He put his hands around my waist. We kissed again. I heard clapping behind me. I pulled away and turned around. There stood Laura, with a dead look on her face, clapping slowly. "Bravo! Brava! Now Ross, if you carried her off to your horse and rode away to the horizon, this would be the best Nicholas Sparks movie yet! How sweet." She said sarcastically. I broke from Ross. "Look, Laura. You can stop this little 'mean girl' act because, well, it's in the past. Just because you're so jealous of me doesn't mean-" she interrupted me, "JEALOUS? OF YOU? Why would I be jealous of a little slut from Denver, who thinks she so innocent, but we all know what she is. She's a mean, big, fat, liar... She's a b****" she growled. I looked back at Ross. His fist was clenched. "Now, remember our little 'arrangement', Erica?" She nodded at me. Then, I felt a rush of air past me, and saw Ross shove Laura. She looked at him. "Awwww baby, don't be that way.... You know you would much rather be with the one you lost your virginity with, right?" She said, looking him in the eyes. He slapped her. "Why would I ever, EVER want to be with a girl who's so low, she goes picking on anyone she finds competition with. I would never go back to you. Not after what's going on between you and my girl." He snarled. "Aww but baby, you know that I-" she started. "NO. No buts. You and I both no what's happening here. We're out." He said, turning around, and grabbing my hand. We walked out to his car. "Erica, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean for that to happen. She's a jerk. I know that now. Please, forgive me." He apologized. "Please Ross, it's not your fault Laura's a bad person. I'm not mad at you. In fact, I think that was a really, really brave thing for you to do back there. Only a real man could do that." I cooed, leaning in for a kiss.

We kissed for a few minutes. "Hey, I need to ask you, will you... Go to Raini's New Year's Eve party with me?" He asked. I nodded. "Of course I will." I said.

*Later that night*

I had curled my hair so it had wave, done my makeup, and was now sliding into a shiny, thigh-length dress. The buzzer went off. He was here. I grabbed my clutch purse, and ran downstairs to the lobby. I saw Ross standing there in a sleeveless hoodie and a t-shirt, with jeans and converse. "Hey beautiful!" He greeted me, with a peck. "Hey baby!" I replied. "Ready to go?" He asked. I nodded. I looked at the clock. "Doesn't the party start at 6?" I asked. "It's 5. And yes?" He answered. "Then...?" I trailed off. He just laughed and answered with a "You'll see." We drive until we reached an old building. It looked like no one had been here in ages. "Ross, are you sure this is safe?" I asked. "Do you trust me?" He asked back. "What?!". "Do you, Erica, trust me, Ross?" He asked. I nodded. "Then come with me, and don't worry about it." He stated. I took his hand, and he lead me up to the door. He picked me up bridal style and carried me inside. The inside was actually renovated and was very nice. It had a chandelier over the 12 person dining table, a fancy red couch by the fireplace, a bar, and much more. I started to speak, but Ross put his finger over my mouth, and shushed me. We carried me all the way upstairs. He set me down, and started to open the ceiling (like what?) and down swung a ladder. He climbed up, then gave me a hand up. We were on the roof now, but it looked more like a deck. A blanket was set up, along with a little picnic basket. "Did you do this?" I asked him. "Who else?" He asked back laughing. "You're so sweet." I whispered to him, sitting down on the blanket. This was going to be an amazing night.

We had dinner up there, and finally it was almost 6. "So um... Is this like, a date?" I asked. "If you want it to be." He answered. I laughed, but nodded. We cleaned up, and left for Raini's house. We arrived minutes after. We ran the doorbell, and were greeted by Raini herself. "Ross! You brought Erica!! Wait.... Are you two dating?" She greeted (and asked) us. "Ummm.... Yea. You could say that. " Ross answered, with a smile. She let us in, and we sat down on the couch. "So since when are we dating?" I asked him. "We had a date right? We've known each other for forever, why not?" He asked. "So I have a boyfriend?" I asked. He nodded and smiled. "You bet." He answered. And he leaned in and kissed me. But trust me, that only caused my life to shrink down the drain......