Chapter 2

As I arrived at Kuo Kuana, the largest city on the island of Menagerie, my first thought was it was crowded. Horribly crowded. But it was also incredibly welcoming. Different from the racism against Fanus that pervaded the Kingdom of Atlas, I felt accepted here even just from the glances that people had towards me. This is truly a haven for Faunus kind.

It was pretty crowded though, and I'm sure that the island being ⅔ desert contributed to that

It was pretty crowded though, and I'm sure that the island being ⅔ desert contributed to that. Maybe I could change that. If I got some good gacha rolls, maybe Menagerie could be reclaimed. But that would be more of a long term goal. I only had 585 coins right now, not enough to roll for some higher tier rewards.

I'd also managed to figure out where I fell in the timeline of RWBY. I was the same age as Yang or Weiss. Which to be honest I should have remembered from when Jacques threw me to the mines, but hey I was a 3 year old being thrown to the mines I had other things on my mind. Right now, the White Fang was still a peaceful Faunus Rights group led by Ghira Belladonna. I decided I'd ask him if he could house the Fanus that were trapped in the mines I was from.

I went over to the biggest house in Kuo Kuana, which was the Belladonna Family Home, and tried to get an audience with him. Initially they refused, and told me to run along. I decided to fake cry and told them a sob story about escaping from the mines of Atlas. They weren't prepared for that, and seeing as how I was a kid made them feel bad and so they let me in. May as well take advantage of my childhood while I can haha.

Ghira: So I hear you have escaped from the mines in Atlas. Is that true? I haven't heard any other reports lately of people escaping in mass, and I find it incredibly hard to believe you snuck out all on your own.

I decided I'd pretend Kaleidoscope was my semblance.

Lapis: I unlocked my Aura on my own. After a while there I figured out my semblance. It lets me go anywhere I've been before, or anywhere I can locate with my senses.

Ghira: That is indeed an incredibly useful semblance. I can see how you would manage to escape from there. But that still doesn't explain why you are looking for me?

Lapis: I can bring others too. I want to help the people in the mine. None of them want to be there. All of them were thrown in there and there are guards preventing escape. Even if they could get out, the mine is further away from the city so escapees would have to face the Grimm. I would sneak them out earlier but if I brought them to Mantle things wouldn't get that much better for them. So that's why I came here. I want to know if you can somehow house 150 people who are in bad condition.

After I said that, the way he looked at me changed a bit. Initially, he looked at me as if I was some pitiful, helpless child. But I could see a bit of respect growing for me in his eyes now.

Ghira: That is quite a noble reason to come here. It will be tough, but we at Menagerie will not turn away Faunus in need. Can you transport them all here without danger to yourself?