Chapter 13

Growing up in the Yotsuba family wasn't the worst thing in the world. Sure, it was fiercely competitive among the heirs and they demanded absolute excellence and came with rigid consequences if we failed to meet their expectations. However, if you were doing what was expected of you, then as an heir you gained a lot of privileges. I grew with a vast amount of wealth, excellent food, an incredible library of magical knowledge, and a fleet of servants that would assist my every need.

I was assigned a guardian during my stay here, her name was Sakura Minami. She was the niece of the guardian of my 'mother', Sakura Honami. She was training up to be a guardian under Honami. Despite this however, the relationship between the aunt and niece was very odd. I guess they were raised from a young age to be absolutely loyal to their charges, and were forbidden to become too close to other guardians lest they compromise the ones they protected. After all, there would always be various struggles between family members as well. So, despite the two being related to each other, they were incredibly frigid towards each other and had a simple teacher/student relationship.

It was hard, but I was working on trying to befriend Minami. She was a pretty kind young girl despite everything, and fiercely loyal to me. I wanted a friend though, not a maid. It was hard getting through her education, but her being someone supposed to obey me did make it a bit easier. We'd be able to just relax with each other sometimes and have some nice chats.

In my time here, I'd managed to secretly develop most of the magic Tatsuya was known for. This included things like the counter-magic Gram Demolition, which could blast apart a magic sequence before it activated. The A rank magic Mist Dispersion, which decomposes targets into their basic components like molecules, ions, or just energy. And most notably, the strategic class magic Material Burst, which turned matter into energy. I was a walking nuke.

I also managed to develop a lot of the technology he pioneered, like the Loop Cast System, which let me repeatedly cast magic sequences easily and somewhat automatically. I also developed his flying magic, making me the only current magic user who could fly in the modern world. I'd heard some could do it in more ancient times though. I'd also developed the ability to create Relics, which could store magical sequences. They were pretty amazing, since using them I could just store spells in an object, and power it with simple magic power.

I kept every single thing I did that wasn't normal of the character known as Yotsuba Miyuki an absolute secret though. I know Tatsuya revealed his capabilities and became a part of the defense force. But it was due to his discoveries he was so targeted in life. I wasn't going to deal with that. I would just be a top-tier magician, but not one that would change the world like Tatsuya. Not for now anyways.

[Time Skip]

I was now 15 years old, and it was time for me to go to First High School. In order to cover up my connection to the Yotsuba, I was going as Shiba Miyuki. They'd also altered Minami's records to show that she was 15 so that she could come with me and act as my guardian. Over the past few years, I'd managed to get Minami to open up to me and eventually we grew close to the point that she bound her soul to mine and joined my family. So, I was excited to go to school with her. Since she was bound to my soul too, we'd have a soul link that made it so that all 5 of us family members were in constant communication. We never got lonely.

Naturally, we both passed the entrance exams with flying colors and would be 'Blooms', which were the top 100 students. The next best 100 students were also accepted but were dubbed 'Weeds'. At this school 'Weeds' were mostly treated as spare magicians and were allocated less educational resources for their study. It was a dumb form of discrimination in my opinion, but I guess in this society competition is everything.

In this time period, I'd accumulated 11,000 Gacha Coins. I figured why not roll an epic tier gacha.

[Opening Epic Tier loot box. Gained [Character Card: Uma].