CHAPTER 1 - Echoes of the Crimson Queen

ECHOES OF THE CRIMSON QUEEN

On an exuberantly plush couch, a crimson-haired woman with a pair of enigmatic white eyes sat in the midst of palpable excitement. Beside her, a Pokémon companion shared in the anticipation. Instead of the usual fare of hilarious comedies or spine-chilling horrors, the duo was immersed in an old battle footage from the Alola region, featuring two young boys and their formidable Lycanrocs.

"That young man certainly knows how to wield powerful aces," Azalea remarked, crossing her arms as her gaze shifted to her companion—a regal Zoroark, her stalwart ally in both battles and leisurely moments.

Zoroark!

Glancing at the clock, Azalea observed the advancing hour and realized that the evening had stretched into the realm of lateness. With a graceful rise from the plush confines of the couch, she directed her steps toward the television. There, a small portrait captured the essence of seven individuals facing the camera, accompanied by a little girl lingering in the background, her gaze turned away. While a flicker of recognition crossed Azalea's eyes, she chose to dismiss it, focusing on the task at hand.

A firm press of the red button on the remote extinguished the glow of the screen, the room plunging into the soft embrace of darkness. The audible click echoed through the room, signaling the conclusion of their nostalgic viewing, and Azalea's next move in the quietude of her dwelling.

As the sun cast its first rays upon the world, Azalea was already awake, slipping into her attire for the day. Her gaze briefly swept across her room before she departed, landing upon a small box that seemed untouched for an eternity, cloaked in a layer of dust. Descending the stairs with her loyal Zoroark by her side, she intended to grab a quick breakfast before venturing out. However, an unexpected sight halted her in her tracks - Tsareena and Espurr had materialized in the living room.

"Oh, good morning, you two." Azalea waved hello, and her Pokémon mirrored the greeting with their own gestures, creating a harmonious exchange of morning sentiments.

Azalea's eyes gravitated towards the table, where a steaming cup of coffee and a meticulously prepared breakfast awaited her. Beside it, a portion of nourishing Pokémon food had been laid out for her loyal companion, Zoroark. Together, they settled in, ready to savor the meal lovingly crafted by Tsareena and Espurr.

As Azalea indulged in a sip of her coffee, she directed her attention to the screen, which flickered with echoes of past battles. Her Rotom phone illuminated the memory of her battle from a decade ago at the Arata League Tacita Conference. It was a pivotal moment during the semi-finals, a round demanding six Pokémon to advance. Yet, as the scoreboard displayed, she had only unleashed two of her Pokémon, while her opponent had exhausted their roster without managing to eliminate a single one of hers.

'The winner of this round is Azalea!'

With a decisive snap, Azalea closed her phone and set it aside. The league might have concluded a decade ago, but the echoes of her victories in the conference still resonated through the fervent discussions of Pokémon enthusiasts. What irked her more than the persistent adoration was the moniker they had bestowed upon her - Arata's Crimson Queen. To her, it seemed more of a trivial title than a prestigious one. In her view, focusing on the training and development of a select few of her strongest Pokémon negated the need to employ her entire roster.

With the day ahead wide open and no pressing engagements, Azalea's curiosity tugged at her like a gentle beckoning wind. She resolved to explore the recently inaugurated Pokémon lab.

Upon savoring the last bite of their meal, Azalea and Zoroark shared a brief moment of connection in the backyard. She bid farewell to her Pokémon companions before embarking on her journey. As she ventured forth, her cap pulled low to shield her from prying eyes, she navigated her way toward the new Pokémon lab. The path led her through a lush forest, where curious wild Pokémon began to trail behind her like silent admirers.