CHAPTER 4 - Island Of Victories And Z-Ring Triumphs

ISLAND OF VICTORIES AND Z-RING TRIUMPHS

"A pokemon pancake race?" Azalea hummed, staring at the event post from Eclipse's phone.

"Yup! And this year's winner will earn their very own Z-ring." Eclipse nodded, looking at the reward.

"A Z-ring?" Charles tilted his head.

"It's a bracelet that allows a trainer and their pokemon to gather the Z-power required to perform Z-moves. Take the mega stones for an example, you can't mega evolve a pokemon without its associated stone." Eclipse explained to him the concept of the Z-ring.

"That's amazing." Charles smiled.

"We'll be cheering you on, Eli!" Solar gave her a thumbs up.

"Yup!" Charles nodded.

After they got their plane tickets, they took a plane that'll bring them to the Alola region.

"By the way, did you get your starter here?" Azalea asked Eclipse.

"Yup. Back when I was around my brother's age, I was able to get my first pokémon. Of course, the starters in Hoenn were Mudkip, Torchic and Treecko but when I saw them for the first time. I didn't feel a click. When I saw the posters of the Alola starters, for some reason, I wanted to get Litten so badly. And so, that's how Litten became my starter instead of the starters in Hoenn." Eclipse explained.

"Ahh I see." Azalea hummed.

When the plane landed on the ground, they went to Melemele Island, where the event will take place.

"We should let Eli sign up. While she does that, I can show you guys the place." Solar said as they were behind Eclipse.

"Sure!" Azalea and Charles nodded.

While Eclipse was waiting in the line, she heard people screaming out of pear joy.

"IT'S ALOLA'S FIRST CHAMPION!" "NO WAY! IS HE HERE COMPETING IN THE PANCAKE RACE?" "I WANT TO TAKE A PICTURE WITH HIM!"

"Alola's first champion?" Eclipse whispered.

"Next up in line please."

Eclipse then writes her name on the paper, gazing down at the 'pokemon use for this event' section. Thinking hard about this, she wanted to find a good pokemon that'll surely help her win. After giving it some thought, she decided to write the pokemon name she'll be using. 

Pokemon use for this event: Hakamo-o

"Done!" Eclipse smiled.

 Suddenly, she heard someone calling out her name. She turned around and saw two people, one she is familiar with. It was professor Kukui, her cousin and next to him was his wife and baby.

"Eclipse dear, is it really you?" Professor Burnet said as she was shocked.

Out of excitement, Eclipse rushed towards them and hug them tightly, careful not to hurt the baby

Smiling happily as she said enthusiastically "I miss you both so much!"

After they let go of each other, Professor Kukui told her all of the things that happened after she left. What surprised her the most was that there was a league here in Alola.

"Ash Ketchum?" Eclipse said.

"He should be around here somewhere. Probably with Goh." Professor Kukui chuckled.

"Enough about us, how's your journey so far dear?" Professor Burnet asked.

"It's going great. Right now-

"Professor Kukui!"

Eclipse looked back and saw two young boys walking towards them.

"Hey Ash, there's someone I want you to meet." Professor Kukui said as Ash and the other boy followed behind.

"That's Ash?" Eclipse said.

"Ash, this is my cousin, Eclipse from the Hoenn region. Eclipse, this is Ash, the Alolan first ever champion." Professor Kukui introduced themselves to each other.

"Hi there, it's good to finally be able to meet you, Eclipse. Professor Kukui told me alot about you." Ash waved hello and so did his partner, Pikachu.

"Hello there, I am Goh." The boy next to him introduced himself as well.

"Hi there Goh, Ash." Eclipse smiled.

"So, are you competing in the pancake race?" Ash asked her as he was curious.

"Yes I am actually, I am here for the Z-ring." Eclipse answered him as Ash and Goh were surprised.

"Wow, really? Pikachu and I will be cheering you on." Ash nodded as he gave her a thumbs up.

"Me too." Goh smiled.

"Thank you!" Eclipse chuckled.

While Eclipse did some catching up with her cousin, Charles and Azalea saw the whole thing from the start and they couldn't be any more happy for Eclipse.

"By the way Azalea, why did you and Eclipse and Solar decide to go on a journey?" Charles raised an eyebrow.

"Well, I basically didn't felt like travelling for a while, until I met them. Eclipse asked me if I could join them in their journey. So I thought, why not have one final journey with them." Azalea explained.

"I see." Charles hummed.

After everyone registered, it was time for the competition to take place. While everyone was getting ready to prepare themselves, the three of them went to where Professor Kukui and Burnet were. Azalea and Charles introduced themselves to them to Ash and Goh too. Azalea shared a unspoken glance with Professor Kukui and Professor burnet before taking a seat.

When Azalea saw Eclipse in one of the contestants, she was about to wave at her to show that she's cheering for her but then, Azalea saw the way Eclipse looked so serious. Charles looked over and saw the pokemon Eclipse chose. Slightly widening his eyes, he chuckled "Wow, a Hakamo-o? Now that's a pokemon I don't see quite often."

In the end of the race(cuz i am lazy as hell), the one to take home the grand and special prize was none other than Eclipse herself. Although she won, it was a very close race, someone who had a Mimikyu had almost beaten her. But in the end, she was the one to take home the crown.

After the competition was over and everyone went home, the quadruplet decided to stay at Professor Kukui's place while they were in Alola.

"Here you go sweetheart, this is for you. You've deserved it after all." Professor Kukui offered her a z-crystal, an Incinium Z.

"Wow, Eli congratulations! You have a brand new z-crystal." Solar hugged his big sister tightly.

"Thank you, little bro." Eclipse smiled.

Professor Burnet, Eclipse and Goh were helping out preparing dinner, Solar, Professor Kukui and Ash were watching TV, Charles was outside training his pokémon and for Azalea, she was borrowing the desk from the loft so she could write a letter.

Dear Leah, today the others and I arrived in the Alola region. This morning, Eclipse showed us an event that'll happen in the Alola and the prize was a Z-ring. Of course, we decided to go there and cheer for her. I was probably a little more excited than her, despite the fact that I wasn't competing. I've been watching a young boy battling in a pokémon battle alongside his Pikachu and his other strong pokémon and that young man just happens to be the first ever champion of the Alola. There is no way that I'll miss this opportunity of meeting him in person. Oh yeah and Eclipse was the winner of the event and earned herself the Z-ring and with her cousin's generosity, he offered her a Z-crystal where only her Incineroar can use, isn't that cool? Today has been really fun, I get to meet the youngest champion and meet Eclipse and Solar's cousin. It really has been an exciting day. This time, there weren't any Team Phoenix around, well I don't want to jinx myself. I got to go, we're going to start eating dinner soon. Good night Leah and I love you.

-Your sister, Azalea 🤍

1208 Words