Chapter 6

Once we were driving smoothly to the doctors house to interrogate the 17 year old kid.
"Ms Lancôme, is your kid, 17 years of age, home?" Booth asks.
"Yeah, Michael. He should be doing his biology homework right now now texting his girlfriend. Why? Is he in trouble? Did he do something?" Ms Lancôme asked worriedly.
"We believe that he may have killed Izobel Winters. May we speak to him please?" I ask as nicely as I could.
"Of course. Just give me a second." The doctors wife said. "Michael! There are some people who want to talk to you!" She shouts up the stairs.
"Ma, I'm busy!" Someone, presumably Michael, said.
I walk upstairs to his room.
"Michael, I'm Dr Temperance Brennan of the Jeffersonian working with the FBI. We're investigating the death of one of your nannies, Izobel Winters? We believe that you may have run over her in your mother's car." I tell the boy.
"My mom has a Land Rover. Why would I purposely hit a person with it." The kid says.
"Because it's hard to dent and easy to clean." I say.
He looks down, eyes wandering around the room.
I crouch down next to him. He was sitting in his desk chair, and I was on his bed.
"Michael, we know that you are on your mother's insurance plan. With her Land Rover. We also know that you are 17 and have just recently received your license and love to drive. I happen to know that you didn't like Ms Winters. So now that I have told you what I know, would you tell me why you ran over Ms Winters?" I ask Michael.
"Well, she and my dad were hooking up, and my mother knew there was someone else but didn't know who. So when I was on my way to a friend's house one night to watch a football game, and Izobel was walking across the street after one of the hookups, I decided to pull my phone out and pretend that I was texting. I hit her, stopped to make sure she was dead, and then put her in the trunk, drove to the nearest wooded area I could find, and buried her there. I cleaned out my car and then told my friend I was just leaving my house to come over. I'm so sorry. I just meant for her to get injured and then sent to the hospital and then die. I just wanted my dad to stop his affair. It wasn't fair to my mother. And my father was different too after one of the affair hookups." Michael confessed.
"Booth, come up here. Michael is the killer." I yell down the stairs. I hear a shriek.
"Oh my god! Michael! He would never do something like that!" His mother says.
"Mom, dad was cheating on you with Izobel so I just wanted to injure her, but my temper got out of control and I ran her down and then I said o was going to a friend's house and I did, eventually. I buried Izobel in the woods and then went over. I just wanted her out of the equation. Dad was hooking up with her! Ask him, he'll admit it!" Michael says loudly.
He mother bursts into tears, and runs into another room.
"Michael, I'm prying you under arrest for the murder of Izobel Winters. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to a lawyer, and if you can't afford one, the FBI will supply you with one." Booth said, putting handcuffs on the boy. "You will be tried as an adult under the charges of murder and the fact that you are 17 years of age." Booth adds.
We accompany the boy outside and to the police car that had pulled up once booth had called for backup.

At home:
"Bones, is dinner ready?" I head Booth shout.
"In a few, babe. Is Cristine ready to eat?" I ask.
"Well, actually, Angela and Hodgins are watching her tonight." Booth says, with a sly grin on his handsome face.
"Oh really? Then what do you have planned for tonight?" I ask my partner.