20

"Calm down, Booth. Max is just trying to look out for the body. We really ought to get back to the lab for Cam to do the autopsy, Hodigns to figure out where it happened, and for Angela to figure out ties to see if this case was related to Pelant." I say, leaving myself out if the equation there.
"What about you?" Booth asks.
"We, are going to go home, call the babysitter for Cristine and Monica, and then I'm going to take you someplace where you've never been before." I say smiling and running my hand over his broad chest while walking to the car to see if Cristine and Monica are all set to go.
Booth quickly follows with a grin on his face.
"Wait, Max, do you want to watch the kids for a bit while me and Booth go do something fun?" I ask my dad.
"Yeah, that would be fun. I'll make sure to have my phone with me the entire time, Tempe." Max said, walking over with us.

A/N: hey, sorry for the short update, but I will add more chapter soon! I just wanted to get this little part up!

So Max, Brennan, Booth, Monica and Cristine went home in the SUV, and Brennan and Booth packed a bag and left Max with the kids.

"Grandpa! Can we go to the park?" Cristine asks.

"Sure kitten. Why not? I have to grab my cell phone, the stroller for Monica, the diaper bag, and some money incase you want to go out and get ice cream too! How does that sound?" I say, running around the house to get ready to go out.

"Cwistine!" A small voice says.

"Monica? Cristine, was that Monica?" I say, looking at the tiny human in the mobile seat.

"Yeah, she's been talking lately. It's really cute. Where did Mommy and Daddy go, Grandpa?" Cristine asks.

"They went back to the lab and then are going on a little vacation this weekend, just the two of them. So I'll be here this weekend!" I say, attaching the mobile seat with Monica in it to the stroller frame.

I rummage through Tempe and Booth's bedroom to find the diaper bag, and eventually find it.

"Grandpa! Can we go now!" Cristine shouts at me.

"Yes pumpkin. I'm all ready, let's grab some snacks so you don't eat only ice cream today while you're with me." I say, grabbing some cheddar bunnies, fruit snacks, and some carrot sticks.

Brennan's Perspective

"Booth, calm down. I think you'll like where we're going." I say, driving down the road, and merging onto the freeway.

"Bones, I'n not worried about you're driving skills or where we're going, but the truck next to you!" Booth shouts, and the truck attempts to merge into our lane. I slam the brakes down, and the truck misses us by less than an inch. The driver must be drunk or asleep, because the truck then goes over the freeway ramp and falls slowly then explodes. We look at each other, and I stomp on the gas and takes the next exit to get to the scene.

Booth picks up his phone, and answers it.

"Yeah, we saw it happen. On our way. Thanks Cam. Yup, wait- what?" Booth shouts.

"What, Booth?" I ask.

"There are 3 people, all dead in the truck cab." Booth says. I start speeding down the road to the scene. I don't really care about getting pulled over right now, because we are driving in Booth's car, and he turned on the lights for me because (for once) I didn't know where the switch was.

"And... we're here." I slow the car and turn the engine off.

We stare at the wreckage of the exploded truck, and the smell of newly burned flesh hovers in the air. Although that is not a new smell for us, these people haven't been dead for more than 72 hours before they were put in the truck cab and shot onto the freeway.

I jump out of the car and go towards the truck. The thing is smoking and I see a clear, oder less liquid slowly dripping out of the engine area. The friction from the metal on the concrete and road cause part o the truck bed to light on fire. The oder less liquid is gasoline. Fire and gas... I hardly have time to think before the gas gets into the fire and spreads.

I run back to the car and don't bother buckling up because I have to get away. I have to get Booth away and Cristina away and Monica away. Monica and Cristina are crying in the back seat and Max is trying to calm them down. I look in the mirror just to see the truck explode and all I can think about is how to get there remains away and out of there before they get any more damaged than they already are.

I pic up my phone and call Cam.

"Cam, the truck exploded. Gas dripped into the fire. I got away as soon as I could, but I'm driving back home now to drop off Max and the kids and then booth and me are going back." I say, turning onto our street.

"Okay, well let me know when you are going back." Cam said.

"We can pick you up on the way." I offered.

"That's alright. I'll ride with Ar- Mr Vasiri. He's the intern today." Cam said.

"Okay. Well, see you there. Say help to Mr Vasiri for me." I said and hang up. I pull into the driveway and everyone gets out.

"Dad, please keep your phone on ring so you can hear it. And don't let the girls out of your sight." I say to Max.

"Cristine, take caret of yourself and Monica. Don't let Grandpa wander off. Okay sweetie?" I say, crouching down to Cristine's height. She nods and tries to pick up Monica's baby carrier.

Max helps and carries Cristine and Monica into the house. Booth and I get back into the car, with Booth driving. We flip the lights on and drive back to the crime scene.

We get there and the FBI techs are already setting up a perimeter and Cam and Hodgins are already there.

"Three victims, all male. One black, one latino, the one white. Varying ages, black male is between the ages of 30 and 35 based on mandibular wear, latino male is between the ages of 26 and 32. White man is between ages of 17 and 25. All dead around the same time, between 48 and 72 hours ago." I say, examining the remains.

"Actually, they died exactly 52 hours ago. Based in larvae infestation and progress of their life." Hodgins said as he picked up a white larvae with a pair of metal forceps.

"Most of the flesh is burned off, so I'm not sure how much I can get from this. I'll have to examine it more closely back at the lab." Cam said.

"Alright! You know what that means! All of this gets shipped back to the Jeffersonian!" Booth said, waving his arm around, motioning to everything within the perimeter.