•part 19•

.

.

.

Anya POV

Mr. Kogoro ask the person behind the cashier about the dugong's arrow. The old lady smiling with enthusiastic voice, she tells him that the arrow is a charms to protects your entire life.

'Not gonna lie that sounds like a scam'

The old lady continue but her face turn sour after each words.

"Saori-chan won an arrow in last year festival, but she lost it last week. She thoughts the mermaid did it"

Mr. Kogoro being himself, refuse the idea of a mermaid being the suspect, in respect he just give her raising eyebrow.

Soon someone comes behind us, which kinda surprising us. Okay maybe it's just me, honestly I just have a bad heart.

"Mermaid is real" said a beautiful short haired woman.

Naoko explain the legend of an elder eating mermaid meat and continues to have a long life

The legend continues, whoever receives a strand hair of the elder at the Dugong's arrow ceremony, the dreams of having extended life will be fullfiled.

Contrasting from her elegance, she shames Saori, claming Saori probably got mental issues after losing the arrow.

'Oof girl'

After dropping the bomb, she goes out, leaving everyone in surprise. Mr. Kogoro ask the old lady who is that person and who's that elder she mentioned.

The elderly woman Naoko's meant was Shimabukuro, she serves as the symbol of the island.

Heiji continue asking and we get the information that the elderly woman age is between 80 and 200 years old.

.
.
.

We continue walking to the shrine, there we met a girl.

She defy the rumors about her great grandmother being 200 years old

She defy the rumors about her great grandmother being 200 years old. She corrected it, saying her great grandma is actually 130 years old.

i remember in anime Conan said she could be in Guinness. I'm impressed by the age and Conan knowledge about Guinness Records the oldest age. If it was me I would've to search it on google first.