•Part 21•

Third person POV

The peoples on the island were gathered by "Detective Kogoro ". While Conan hide behind unconsious Kogoro, he were also frantic as Heiji nowhere to be seen.

Conan decided to hold on, waiting for Heiji to return. However the peoples starting to protest since they already wait too long.

"Hey, hey how long do you intend to keep us waiting?"

Protested the police inspector after he bring Benzo but he was back without Heiji. Losing track of Heiji on the mountain.

"We police are busy"

Said the police inspector arrogantly. Ran opened the door with the famous elder, making everyone turned their head.

"The elder!"

"Why is the elder here?!"

The elder woman sat beside Rokuro. Since everyone alread here, Conan had no choice but to start without Heiji.

"We can unveil the truth of the three murders on this island"

Case 1 was about Toshimi, who strangled near the mermaid's waterfall. Case 2, Her friend, Naoko, was found dead, hanging on a net. And case 3 is that of Kimie, who was burned to death in the warehouse.

"Let's take a closer look on Case 2"

Conan started to explain on case 2, the murderer method was to arrange a meeting and the footprints making it seemingly arrive from the shore.

"After killing her, the murderer went back the way they came"

"The waves would wash away the tracks left on the shore"

"The only ones who could've done this is Benzo or Rokurou"

Detective Kogoro asked Benzo if he did sell the Dugong's arrow to the couple at the night of the festival.
Benzo proudly admitted.

The arrogant police straight up accused Benzo was the culprit. Seeing how Benzo greed selling his daughter Dugong's arrow and the registry book who went missing suddenly on his hand.

Detective Kogoro argued it's not him nor it's Rokurou. If Benzo truly the murder, why would he touched the life preserver without gloves and rush to take the registry.

So Detective Kogoro assumed he probably found the ticket on his way to the waterfall and touched the life preserver at the same time.

The murder isn't Rokurou, he wouldn't use life preserver as it's more easy for him just to throw Toshimi to the river.

"But, if one of these two isn't the murderer, who is?"

Detective Kogoro continued. The two case involving an arrow. So we can assume the culprit is the same person.

On case two, the footprints on the shore was purposely left behind before the crime was even committed.

The murderer actually came from inside the funeral, after they killed her and after preparing the evidence, they went back.

The murderer couldn't prepare the life preserver and the fish scale, if they didn't know the two would win.

"It couldn't be..." (Rokurou)

"The murderer of both Toshimi-san and Naoko-san, the one who knew which two would receive the arrows"

"Right. The murderer is you!"

Everyone turned their heads in horror to the elder who sat calmly. A gasp and a face of disbelief delivered from everyone in the room.

Rokurou turned his head back to Detective Kogoro, exasperated, denying the truth.