• Part 20 •

Anya POV

With the respect and also Conan, Heiji interest finding information about the case, we went to Toshimi's funeral.

We meet with Saori's father, the one that his daughter send Heiji the letter. He's reek of alcohol, he spend his night drinking before going to the funeral.

Mr. Kogoro ask if Naoko came, but Kimie hasn't seen her yet.

While Ran and Kazuha sees the outside, the lightning strikes showing them a dead body, who turns out to be Naoko who tied to a trawl.

.

.

.

Mr. Kogoro, Heiji, and Conan investigating the crime scene. Heiji told me not to follow him and to stay with the others.

I was a bit upset but I'm worried about the girls too, so I decided I'll just follow what he said.

Kazuha looks pale, I know she's thinking about the elderly woman said.

It pains me and I don't know what to do except assuring her that everything's going to be fine.

.

.

.

Third person POV

The investigation lead to Naoko's murder motive because of the dugong's arrow.

It seems the murderer confront her which making the arrow falls, the murderer stepped on it and took it.

But what makes them surprised was around the crime scene they found a fish scale scattered and the footprints that lead to the sea.

Once the police had arrive, a mass body search was conducted to find Naoko's arrow.

The only two left who have the arrow it's just Benzou (Saori's father) and Kazuha.

Anya was a bit embarrassed during the mass body search. After being let go, Anya had a faint of pink color on her cheeks. Which Heiji and Conan ashamedly found it adorable.

Both discussing what they found. The three, Naoko, Saoria and Toshimi, they believe in the legend of the mermaid and believing the elderly woman had eaten a mermaid meat.

Heiji wanted to know if there's any record who got the arrow and the numbers, Kimie overheard him. So she volunteer to escort them to show the record.

.

.

.

Anya POV

There's a reason I don't like forest.. I appreciate the beauty but at night it's different.

But thankfully, I wasn't walking alone and I was distracted by Kimie's story.

She tells us that the five of them goes to collage together and in the same major.

They took cinematography, they even made a movie, called "The legend of the nuns" And it was successful.

They couldn't forget the island, so after they graduated they went back.

All of sudden I hear a footsteps from the woods and a sudden rustle. It's near.

'maybe it's just an animal...'

But for unknown reason I get a bad feelings, it's just telling me to run. But  my feet refusing to move.

I was left behind, in the midst of panic I try to remember all the spell but a coldness alredy creeping around my feet and my neck.