Chapter 2

----------Castiel's POV----------

Dean and Castiel have just started 7th grade, just over 2 years after that day in the treehouse.

After their first day, they both go into the Novak household

"Dude, I will never get used to how huge this place is!" Dean exclaims, walking into the house. The Novak household has an open floor plan on the first floor, which only makes the house seem bigger.

"I hardly have myself." agrees Castiel

They go upstairs, walk down the hall, and go into Castiel's room, where Dean shuts the door behind them. They flop back onto Castiel's bed, tired out from their first day.

"So, Cas, what'd you think of your first day?"

"It was definitely... Weird, to say the least."

"I thought it was great! I mean, did you see how much hotter the girls were than 6th grade?" Although he didn't really pay attention to any girls, Castiel starts laughing at this remark. It's just so... Dean. He laughs so hard he falls off the bed, which causes Dean to start laughing. They're both laughing, rolling around on the floor, until they both turn and look at each other.

Their faces are mere inches from each other. Cas looks into Dean's green eyes, noticing Dean's eyes flicking back and forth between his two blue ones. This close up, Castiel could count every one of Dean's freckles. Dean's eyes flicker to Cas's lips, and his stomach flips over.

After about 20 seconds, they realize what's happening and sit up, blushing.

"Well uh... I- uh, I gotta go." Dean mumbles, grabbing his bag and heading out the door.

What... was that??? Cas thinks to himself after Dean had left.

----------3rd Person----------

As 7th grade goes on, Dean Winchester and Castiel Novak become closer.

Dean thinks it's just their friendship coming closer

Cas knows he's falling in love with is straight best friend.

This information makes Castiel sad, because, not only will they never be together, Cas worries about telling Dean the truth about himself. Kansas isn't exactly the most supportive place when it comes to LGBT+ things. As 7th grade goes on, Cas just can't help liking Dean more and more.