In Which They Go Where The Road Leads Them

{Dean's POV}

"Umm... Dean? Cas?"

I held Cas by his elbows and smiled apologetically. He smiled back, a little annoyed.

"Yes, Sam?" I asked, still looking at the angel in my arms.

"Uh, what's going on?" He sounded uncomfortable. Good.

I raised my eyebrows and grinned mischievously. Cas nodded slightly, reading my mind, figuratively (and maybe literally).

In answer to Sam's question, I leaned down and pressed my lips to Cas's, moving in perfect rhythm together, and we kissed for the fourth time that day. A small number considering all the years we'd been apart.

Sam cleared his throat. "Well, umm, I'll let you two... do whatever. I'll be in there.... As far away from... that," I'm pretty sure there was a broad gesture right there, "as I can get." I heard the door swing open and before it shut, I heard my brother mumble, "When I said to go make out, I did not think you'd listen."

When I was sure Sam had left, I pulled away and we promptly bursted out laughing. After a moment, the angel and I had calmed down. I wiped the tears out of the corner of my eye and smiled.

"Okay. Dean? I have a question."

"Alright. Shoot."

"What am I to shoot? I don't understand."

"Figure of speech."

"Apolo- I mean, oh." I grinned at that. Hey, he was learning something.

"So, what do you want to ask me?"

"Dean, where do we go from here?"

I thought about that. I don't think we could've just picked up where we left off. And I know we couldn't start over. So, what? "Let's take it one day at a time. And we'll just go where the road leads us." Cas nodded, lost in thought. "Hey," I said, squeezing his shoulder, "we can work it out. Trust me." When he didn't respond, I lifted his head so his eyes met mine. "Cas. Say something."

"I just- I don't want it to end like it did before. I want to do it right. But, Dean? What if I can't do it? What if I mess everything up again?"

"That won't happen."

His eyes turned hard. "You don't know that. I could do something absolutely moronic like before. And don't say I won't, because you don't know what I'll do."

I sighed. I hated it when he talked like that. "You're right. I don't know. But what I do know, is that I love you, and I hope you love me as well, and everything will end up right in the end. I mean, look at us now. We both remembered again. So, don't worry about it."

He bit his lip, obviously wanting to argue. "One day at a time?"

I nodded. "One day at a time."

Cas smiled. "Do you think we should go talk to Sam?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why?"

He tilted his head. "I believe we startled him. Does that not need some explanation?"

I shrugged. "Later."

"Oh? What are we doing now then?"

I grinned, an idea forming. "What are you doing tonight?"

"Nothing, I presume. Why do you ask?"

I took both of his hands in mine. "I was wondering if you wanted to stay at the bunker."

"I would enjoy that," he said, a smile stretching across his face. "Do I get a room then?"

"Duh." I started to walk across the room, dragging him with me as he tugged on his trench coat. "Here. Let's go to your room now."

We walked down the many, many hallways of the Men of Letters bunker until we reached the bedrooms. We stopped in front of one door and I twisted the handle.

When we walked in, Cas studied the room in confusion. I looked around at the clothes in the closet, the weapons on the wall, the pictures on the nightstand, and all of my other stuff that littered the area.

I gazed down at the shorter man and he looked up, questioningly. "I don't understand, Dean. What is this?"

I entwined my fingers with the angel's and smiled softly. "Day one."