eighteen.

"Hey stinka butt," Kari grinned, seeing Shiloh when their call connected

"Hey stinka butt," Kari grinned, seeing Shiloh when their call connected. "I miss you!"

"I miss you too, sissa," Shy smiled wide. "How are you doing?" she wondered, resting her face on her fist.

"I'm good, baby. How are you?" she asked. "How's school?"

"School is okay. I got on red the other day," she huffed, and Kari's eyes went wide.

"Shiloh, what happened? You're usually on green. Or at least yellow," she chuckled. "Did the teacher call mama and daddy?" she wondered. Shiloh wasn't a bad child, she had a little bit of a temper but she usually got along with her classmates.

"Yes. And because I pushed this boy, and I hit him," she shrugged.

"Now Shy, why did you do that? You know you not supposed to be putting your hands on nobody," she furrowed up her eyebrows, because Shiloh quite literally knew better. "Are you on punishment?"

"Yes. But mama said its okay if I call you," she assured her. "He kept following me, sissa! He kept saying that he wanted to play and I didn't want to," she frowned. "He was trying to pull me and stuff and I didn't like it! He's mean, so he came up to me when I was waiting for my turn on the swings and he tried to pull me away again, and he pulled my hair! So I hit him, and pushed him away," she explained.

"Oh really?" Kari raised her eyebrows. She was annoyed now—she knew exactly how schools worked when it came to things like that, and she already knew Shy only got punished because she reacted physically. "Did you tell mama and daddy that?"

"No," she shook her head. "Daddy's upset, and I don't wanna make him more upset," she pouted.

Shiloh was the biggest daddy's out of the four girls, so when her father was upset with her it hurt her deeply. She hated to hear that he was disappointed, it made her cry, and she also hated to cry.

"If you tell daddy why you did what you did, maybe he won't be mad anymore, stink. You want me to help?" she asked, seeing her sister was genuinely upset.

"Yes please," she said in a quiet voice. "He's upstairs," she spoke and Kari nodded, waiting for her to go up to her parents room and knock on the tall door.

"Yes?" she heard her mother call.

"Mama, can I come in?" Shiloh spoke.

"Yes, come on," Meeka spoke and Shy crept in slowly. "You done talking to Tootie?"

"No, I'm right here," she announced.

"S-she said she can help me talk to daddy, and you," she prefaced.

Shemar furrowed his eyebrows, looking up from his book, seeing Shiloh not even looking at him. He wasn't that upset, but he knew she hated when he was even a little irritated with her about anything—especially getting in trouble at school.