twenty one.

"My poor stink," Khi sighed, rubbing on Kari's back as she sat in his lap like she was a baby

"My poor stink," Khi sighed, rubbing on Kari's back as she sat in his lap like she was a baby. He insisted she do so as soon as he came over. Kari was on her period today, and he knew how that usually went for her. The cramps got bad on day two and that was today.

Day two and the second to the last day of her cycle were the worst. She was hungry but the cramps made her not want to eat. Unfortunately, she was allergic to ibuprofen, so she couldn't take advil, or motrin. Tylenol was her go to, and she had just run out, so Khi brought her some and she was sleeping at the moment, she fell asleep waiting for it to kick in.

He accidentally bought her the extra strength PM pain relief so she was out like a light in fifteen minutes flat.

"Now you know that girl is too damn grown to be in your lap like that," Jeli joked, as she entered the dorm, giggling at the sight of her friends.

"Sh!" she chuckled. "My baby not feeling good," he said, causing her to stir in her sleep, head moving from his chest.

"Huh?" she mumbled, eyes starting to creak open. "Khi?"

"I'm right here, Tootie. Go back to sleep," he said in a hushed tone, still rubbing circles in her back. "You wanna get up?" he asked her as she started to rub the sleep from her eyes.

"I gotta pee," she mumbled. "Hi Jeli,"

"Hey boo," she pouted. "You still feeling bad? I brought you a medicine ball from the starbucks," she handed her the hot cup and Kari smiled gratefully, setting it on her nightstand.

Jelani wasn't staying long, Evan was downstairs waiting on her. Since he was a year older, and he had a good job he could afford to stay off campus, so that's where Jeli was when she wasn't here with Sakari.

"Be safe babe," Kari spoke in a small voice, sipping her tea.

"Thank you mama. I will, y'all have a good night! Don't stay up too late we have a triple date after class tomorrow," she pointed at them both threateningly and Kari laughed with a nod.

After she was gone, Kari looked back at Khi and instantly started to laugh again. "You forgot, didn't you?"

"Yeah," he chuckled. "Where are we going?" he asked as she got up to go to the bathroom. "Oh wait—it's in my calendar. You did that?"

"I did," she yawned. "I know you, sir. I'll be back, can you put SVU on please? The episode we were watching earlier," she asked and he happily obliged. Everyone who knew him knew he loved Law and Order: SVU, and he'd succeeded in getting he just as hooked as he was.

He knew she'd probably just go to sleep again, but he was okay with that.

"Bubba," she said once she re-entered the room.

"Wassup beautiful?" he asked and her lips quirked up into a small smile.

"If I got a hysterectomy so I never had to have my period again would you still love me?" she asked, and he couldn't help but to laugh, even though she looked very serious.