twenty-four.

"Ow Khi! Stop it hurts," Kari whined, and he sighed

"It's gon keep hurting if you'on let me do it," he fussed. "Just relax, Tutu,"

"I am relaxed!" she snapped back.

"Yeah okay. Calm your ass down and breathe in," he sucked his teeth and she whined while he helped her stretch.

Kari had asked Khi to start working out with her earlier that week. He was genuinely shocked because she hated anything that required too much energy, but he was always willing to exercise. Their first workout went smoothly, he didn't really have her doing a lot—but since she never worked out, she was extremely sore the next day, today.

So, in preparation for their workout today, he was trying to help her stretch, and she was not helping him help her.

"See look, you done. Come on, stand up," he offered his hand and she groaned, taking it as she stood. "You are okay,"

"You're mean," she frowned. "You treating me like a football player!"

"Baby," he chuckled. "If I treated you like a football player you would be hurt and limping. You wanna stretch more or start?" he asked, stretching a little himself.

"A machine is what you are," she huffed. "We can start, but please do not make me do abs, I'll cry, Khi. I swear,"

"Okay we'll do legs," he laughed. "Lunges first, get your weight," he reached for his own and she nodded. He smiled a little, watching her walk off. Her hair was up in a ponytail, and all she had on was a nike sports bra with a t-shirt over it and pro shorts that he insisted he buy for her.

She told him she just wanted to get in shape. She wasn't aiming to lose or gain weight, really, just tone what she already had—plus he knew neither of them were disciplined enough to change their diets to lose weight anyway. He felt like this was a happy medium.

"Ready?" he asked and she threw her head back with a groan, making him laugh loudly. But after her dramatics were over, she nodded. He played some music for them and they got started.