38. I knew him

A D E L A I D E

"I remember kissing you. Why do I remember kissing you?"

Staring down at this man in front of me that somehow I recognise from the flashback but I don't know his name but I've swear that I've never seen him before but it turns out from the mini flashback of us two kissing I knew that us two had something or have something?

Raising my brow at the man in front of me as he looks up to me in adoration and happiness. Why is he looking at me like that?

"Your starting to remember Engel" he whispers as he moves his hand to touch my cheek but he pulls away instantly afraid of what I would do.

My mind was too wrapped around on my flashback that I didn't realise that he had said I love you to me. For a quick slight second my heart flutter and I don't know why. But just like that he was gone.

I got up from the ground to my feet as I stare down at him putting my mask back on as he began sitting up also. The rain pouring down making us even more wet from a couple minutes ago with no rain in site.

I stepped back from the man as he looks at me with confusion. "You don't love me and I certainly don't love you"

Hurt and sadness flash between his eyes as he looks at me but soon fades as if he thought of something.

"You don't mean that. Your not yourself right now but I can help you"

"I always mean what I say..I may not always mean to say it out loud, but I always mean it"

Was the last words I said to the man in front of me, as I run backwards towards the exit of the alley. I glance one last glimpse of the man trying to figuring out who he was.

He stood there with tormented eyes under the single light in the alleyway. Shining under the wind slightly. The rain soaking his t shirt as it sinks into his tone muscular body as he only whispers away..

"Stay"

I shook my head from his raspy voice as I seen a tear roll down his cheek as I run from the scene leaving him there to his own thoughts. I ran and ran until I made it back to the shuttle to go back to the hidden hydra base back in Sokovia.

Signalling the pilot to open the shuttle doors as I step in to the two men sitting there waiting for me and winter soldiers arrival. They looked up at me with confusion and the man sitting on the right came up to me with a anger expression plastered on his face.

I failed my mission

"Where is the winter soldier, seventeen"

That's my name seventeen I have no clue we're they got that name but I heard it was something to do with me being an success and I'm the only one after this winter soldier and some other winter soldiers to get the serum right after all these years.

"Mission incomplete sir" I said with my head rises high as I walk over to my seat were an hour ago I was making my way to New York on a ten hour flight and now I'm heading back with another ten hour to get punish from my commander for not using the trigger words on winter soldiers mind.

"Don't turn your back on me seventeen. Your in for a real treat when you get back to Sokovia"

"Yeah whatever heard that before" I groaned as I rolled my eyes.

"Are you talking back to me, seventeen" he said more in a hard tone this time.

"Yes I am actually, I believe that's how a conversation works" folding my arms as I give him a death glare which he gulps back into his seat as he stares out the window and the other man going to signal the pilot to start the
engine.