Langa - Reki

It only lasted a moment. Just a brief blip in time. And for that short moment, time stopped. Every feeling, every sensation felt intensified in that instant. I could feel his breath against my skin as he let out a relieved sigh, the prickle of his stubble on my chin, his hand trembling on my cheek. I could feel my heart hammering away in my chest, like it wanted to break free, the heat in my face felt like it was burning, and my own hands were shaking. But, even more so than that, I could feel his lips pressed gently to mine. I held my breath up until he pulled away, then I slowly exhaled. He left his hand at my cheek, barely touching me, and leaned his forehead against mine once again.

"W-what happened to one and two?" I whispered. He snorted and busted out laughing, throwing his head back, face completely red. I smiled at him and giggled. He leaned forward again, clutching his stomach. I grabbed his shoulders and pulled him into a hug, burying my nose into his hoodie.

"Thank you," I muttered into his shoulder.

"No," he said, putting one arm around me and a hand on the back of my head, hugging me back, "thank you, for giving me another chance. I promise I won't let you down again."

I leaned away and placed a hand on the side of his face. He leaned into the touch. "I believe you," I said, then kissed him. "I've been wanting to do that for a while."

"Sorry I'm so dumb and didn't realize it earlier."

I took his face in both hands, squishing his cheeks. I shook my head, grinning. "You don't need to apologize. No matter how many times it takes, I'd give you another chance over and over again." I watched and felt as his face flushed.

"Why?"

Because I love you.

"That's a secret."

"Wha- how can you say that and then not tell me why? What secret? Why can't I know?" He grabbed my hands, pulling them down away from his face and squeezing them tighter with each question.

"Ask me again later."

"Okay, later as in when? Like in a few minutes?" I shrugged. He groaned dramatically and flopped down onto the roof, throwing his arms out to the sides.

"You know that it's gonna drive me crazy not knowing! I'm gonna die of curiosity, Langa," he propped himself up on one elbow, the other hand clutching his clothes above his heart, "I'm dying. Perishing as we speak." He pouted.

"That's a shame," I chuckled, "and I was just about to tell you, too."

"Really?" He shot upward, eyes wide.

"No." 

"Ugh," he threw himself down again, one arm over his face, the other out to the side. I waited for him to move or say something else. I continued staring at him for a minute, only for him to do nothing.

Did he fall asleep?

I tried looking around his arm to see his face, but his hoodie sleeve covered it. I watched his chest slowly rise and fall. I lay down against him on my side, resting my head on his shoulder. As soon as I touched him, he moved his arm away from his face.

"Ah, wha-" he started.

"S-sorry," I said, "I thought you might have fallen asleep." He raised an eyebrow at me, smiled, and then wrapped both arms around me, squeezing me tight.

"God, you're cute. I can't believe I thought I just liked you as a friend."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"The amount of times I've wanted to hug you or just be in contact with you in general- it's ridiculous that I didn't recognize what that meant. I thought I just wanted to get closer as friends. But, now it's like everything just went whoosh and made sense," he spread his hands out as if showing me what he meant while he said it, then gently placed them back around me. I smiled and snuggled closer in to his side. He ran his fingers through my hair and I could feel myself drifting off to sleep as he did so.