Backstory

This is my first fanfic so this first chapter is may be cringey to read. Hopefully I did a good job with the other chapters not being so cringey. 

My parents taught me nen. I was developing my nen ability, mom and dad helping with it since I was young (I was a quick learner in nen and at the time I was 7-9 years old). My parents came up with an idea and I agreed. I already knew my nen type- I am a conjurer. They helped me create my ability- demon.

My demon can only be activated by my will, if I get hurt. If I'm not physically hurt, the demon won't conjure. The consequence from using it is a big depletion of energy and I can't use it for a day for every person killed with it at the time of use.

When I was twelve, one of my neighbors got extremely mad at my parents and attacked them. I watched as the neighbor killed both of my parents. He turned planning to kill me too, as he attacked, with the tip of his knife piercing into my stomach. My shadow instantaneously  morphed into my demon. It's piercing red eyes staring through the neighbor with a smile.

The neighbor dropped the knife by my feet, backing away in sheer terror. It had barely pierced through the skin, resulting in only a faint scratch- an injury similar to what you would get from nicking yourself, shaving. I watched as my demon killed him, using one of it's talons, sharp and as long as a ruler; to slit his throat, in one quick movement. As soon as he was dead my demon receded back into my shadow. I could feel the heavy weight of sleep overcoming me. fighting with my eyelids while hurrying out of the house. I didn't want to stay somewhere I would be found and killed while I slept; hurrying to a nearby apartment building. Most of the apartments were empty, so I walked into an empty one -not bothering to lock the door- and curled up in a corner of the living room area - the room was small, with furniture already residing inside. Dust, flinging itself into the air as I enter. A digital clock, resting above the doorway- and fell asleep.

I woke up a day and half later. I checked the red numbers which told me it was may 7th, 2:37 pm. I knew I wouldn't be able to go back to my home so I linger there, in the corner for awhile suppressing the grief and horror as to what I had done and what I had seen. I managed to smother the trepidation for a total of 10 minutes, before finally giving in crying. Time goes by fast, as I am absorbed in my panic, and continuous bawls, when I'm suddenly interrupted by fast heavy steps running through the hallway. I get up to run and lock the door but the door knob turns and the door banged open. The was a tall man about 6'1" who was panting and sweating. He slammed the door shut fumbling with the locks. He backed up when the door knob turned again. He didn't seem to notice me or care, he was focused on whoever was behind the door -dread shining in his eyes-. The door clanged open as if it wasn't ever locked. A small boy, with big fishlike eyes, and short black hair who looked to be my age walked in, and stalked towards the man. The man screamed in horror as the boy casually stepped towards, and plunged his hand into the man's chest, ripping his heart out.

I watched and as the boy dropped the heart, he turned to look at me. He smiled; odd for any person to smile like e did after killing a person. He approached, my mind jumping to the conclusion that death was upon me. I stayed still and watched him get closer, if he killed me, maybe god would be merciful, and let me see my mom and dad again.

The Boys POV-

I dropped the heart of my victim, glancing around surveying the environment closer. There was a small girl in the corner looking to be around the same age as I. She had h/l h/c hair that was tangled and looking like a mess. She was barefoot, wearing a yellow hoodie that fit her nicely, along with checkered leggings. I looked into her e/c eyes; surprisingly, she didn't show any fear; although it was painfully obvious by how puffy her eyes were that she had been crying. So I smiled, debating whether or not to kill this girl with no sense of self preservation.