TommyInnit: Run Away

Requested: None

Character: TommyInnit

Notes: Set after Tommy was released from prison

Warnings: Mentions of death

He was gone, dead. Or so I had been told.

The news of Tommy's death had been announced only a few weeks ago, yet every day without him seemed to drag on endlessly.

Time had felt frozen, everything was still so surreal..

There weren't many people I could talk to, or anyone I wanted to talk to at least.

The only person I had been trying to speak with was Sam, yet he had been nowhere. And even when he we're around, he refused to speak.

I just wanted to know if he was actually gone, I needed confirmation.

I felt like he was still around, yet some part of me knew he was gone. I didn't know what I was feeling..

So, I decided to go find Sam. I didn't care if I had to search the entire Dream SMP, I would keep looking until I found him.

My legs were strained, and my back felt each ray of sun that hit it. My entire body was sweating but I still continued on.

Every inch of the prime path had been touched by my feet, but I still walked down it again towards the prison for what felt to be the billionth time.

Passing Tubbo at his construction site, he didn't seem to notice me until I walked closer.

"Hey Y/N," He greeted.

"Still looking for Sam huh?" I nodded.

Tubbo had moved on from Tommy's death from what I knew, but I was never sure. He had gotten together with Ranboo, made an Inn, hell he even adopted a kid! But I could never tell what was on his mind.. He didn't even seem bothered by anything.. I guess him always looking at the bright side of things hadn't changed, even after all this time.

God I would give anything to have that. To have the ability to just not care and get distracted by the smallest of things..

If I could've spent all this time building instead of mourning, I would've built myself a castle by now.

Tubbo let out a sigh. "You'll find him eventually." He assured.

Although yes, I would find him eventually if I continued looking, but I was also losing motivation. The day felt longer when all I was doing was walking and searching..

I waved Tubbo off, "Don't worry about me, you get back to building." I continued walking.

The sun felt hotter and hotter over time, my whole body had now been laced with my own sweat despite popping home to change my clothes into something more weather appropriate.

Wiping myself down with my shirt, I felt a little better, but no cooler.

My body was hot, and I could feel how gross I was. But no matter how much I needed a shower, I wouldn't stop until that sun had set.

I needed a break.. My body was unable to walk any further, dropping to the ground at the bottom of the stairs.

Just five minutes I had told myself.

Just five minutes of rest..

I felt limp, sprawling myself over the floor, making it seem like I had an accident.

Everything was silent, despite my boiling skin baking in the heat. Well, that was until I heard a scream.

My eyes struggled to open from the sun but somehow managed to.

As my sight had restored itself, I felt disoriented. That was until everything flushed away at the sight of that familiar blonde mess of hair.

My eye lids had struggled to keep themselves open long enough for me to see that clearly.. There's no way that was Tommy..

God I knew I shouldn't've been in the sun too long.. But when I went to look again, he was still there.

He seemed panicked and confused. Scared..

"Y/N? Are you okay down there?" Tubbo called out from a window.

Tommy caught sight of me. I couldn't move.

"Y/N?"

Tommy jumped at the sound of Tubbo's voice, his breaths shuddering.

"U-Uh, yeah! Everything alright down here!" I replied, sitting myself up.

"Alright! Just checking!"

I didn't even pay attention to what he just said, my head was too busy with the overlapping thoughts of what the fuck was I seeing right now.

I jumped to my feet at the realisation. I was seeing Tommy, the real Tommy.

I started walking closer. He had already been shaking.

The fear in his eyes was saddening. Was he scared of me? Did something happen to him?

"Tommy?" I started, trying to find the right words.

Before I could even start to say anything, he wrapped his arms around, as tight as he did during his exile which hadn't made me feel any better.

"..Tommy.."

He cried into my shoulder. This was real, this was actually happening.

"Wh-wha..? H...How is this happening??"

He looked at me with nothing bur pain in his eyes. He had been gone for so long..

"But.. you were dea-.." "-Don't."

The demanding atmosphere to his voice was intimidating.

I stopped speaking.

"Don't say anything about, that... please.." he begged.

I did as he asked.

I took a moment of silence for him to speak.

"Look, I just- I don't want to talk about anything right now.. Dream kil- he killed me, a..and I saw them- the void. I just-.."

I placed a finger over his mouth, silencing him. "Shhhshshsh... You don't need to say anything.."

"Lets just go a walk, okay?" I changed the subject, leading him away from the prison.

We walked for a while, trying to avoid any important places from Tommy's past and were now very far out from home.

The sun had now begun to set after I built us a small shack for the night.

Keeping Tommy company was going to be very important for a long time, but after us being apart for so long it shouldn't prove to be difficult.

"We could stay here you know?" I stated, catching Tommy's attention. He let out a hum of curiosity.

"We could stay away from Dream SMP, take a break for a while, y'know? If Dream escapes then its not like he's going to be able to find you.."

Tommy didn't seem too keen on the idea of leaving everything behind, especially after exile. Yeah I didn't word that as well as I could've..

"Eheh.. let me rephrase that.. We should take a break from everything. Not for long, just enough for you to clear your mind a bit. Ill be with you through every part of it, alright? I promise.."