Chapter One

Hi again, you probably don't even want to talk to me... which is fine you know I'm not really gonna force you to. I just... I just really wish that you would come back to me. I really thought everything was going well. I um... I just don't know where it went wrong. I'm sorry?

Dial tone...

-

It was sad to watch honestly, seated in his bedroom huddled under his sheets with his phone in hand. This was sad but he has grown used to it. The sound of this person's pleading deep voice on the other side of the phone. This could have been a movie made to bring those watching to tears.

At first, it made no sense. it made no sense that when he happened to be awake at 12 am and well into the night he would receive voice messages usually saying different forms of the same phrase 'take me back' or 'come back.'

It started off as creepy. No genuine meaning behind it, or just a prank. But when it continued it was brought to Jimin's attention that maybe these calls were not fake or made up.

He would watch his phone Ring whenever the mysterious person called and then would sit and wait for the voicemail to stroll in, which never took long. Whoever this person was, he spoke in bunches. As if he figuratively or realistically spoke with no periods and commas. Most times he would pause, to breathe or think, but that was shortened because it would be followed by him saying goodbye for now or him swallowing a horrible sob.

Jimin pitied him. He doesn't even know who it is but he could tell that whoever this person meant to send the messages too. They absolutely broke him. There was a slight ache behind his words. Jimin could feel it, and the sympathetic side of him couldn't take it.

Others would tell Whoever it is that they have got the wrong person. Jimin was different...He felt it was his job to listen. As a 25-year-old therapist, it's just what he knew he should do. listen.

After such a long time of hearing the voice behind the calls, he wanted to tell him that he has the wrong number and that he isn't the person he is trying to reach. But he knew that it would take a toll on him.

Jimin doesn't know his name, his age, where he is from, or even what type of person he was. Yet he couldn't stop listening to him. The messages weren't that frequent, but when they were sent it happened to be at a time where the moon is out and Jimin can't seem to find peace in the comfort of his own home.

He sets his phone down after plugging it into a charger. Sighing deeply with a small yawn. He was tired now. If he wasn't before he is now for sure. so he sinks into his sheets eyes fluttering shut. Just before he officially drifts away from reality he just has to utter one last thing.

"I'm sorry this is happening to you," he says and officially allows the dream world to come over him.

~~~~

Jimin never minds who comes into his office. Even when others would call their issues trivial, This man would carefully analyze the words his patient says. Old or new his patients were close to his heart.

Today he sat with a Younger male. It was his first time seeing Jimin. He knows it. But to be safe and sweet he asks him anyways. In the softest voice possible. Because he knew it would somewhat comfort him.

"Have we met before"

"N-no... it's. It's my first time coming here." He says lowly. Hands tangling together and eyes averting Jimin's gaze.

"Don't be afraid of me, don't worry this is a safe space"

"Do you mean that?"

"Of course I do," Jimin replied quickly, not wasting a second in loosening the atmosphere. he has the clipboard in his hand. where he can see his name and information, yet he asks. In fact, he completely puts the clipboard down and reaches for a notepad instead.