Chapter Three

It's been a couple of days since Taehyungs and Jimin's short conversation and introduction. Taehyung hasn't called since Jimin talked for the first time. Jimin doesn't even blame him. Who would call back in a situation like that? Frankly, Jimin would not want to call after that either. It was embarrassing and He could practically hear the way Taehyung probably screamed after the call ended. Slightly it made Jimin restless. It would be a fib if he said that he hadn't grown used to hearing that voice every night before bed. He genuinely wants to check on him.

To anyone else, it would be weird. But To Jimin the well-paid therapist it isn't. It was what he does for a living.

check on people.

He doesn't hesitate this time. He sends a fast text to Taehyung. Even considering throwing his phone across the phone until he got a response. He was literally acting like a teen with a crush.

[Jimin]
Hi... How are you

[Taehyung]
Hi Jiminssi I'm fine...kind of glad you texted me?

As of right now. Jimin just couldn't believe that he actually replied. Pretty fast too. Must have been on his phone already. Jimin was slightly thankful for that. It saved him that long anxiety that came with waiting for a text back

[Jimin]
Oh... you answered

[Taehyung]
Is that a bad thing?

[Jimin]
No

[Jimin]
Holy fuck no I just... I didn't expect you too :(

[Taehyung]
no worries lol. I understand. There's a lot of unexpected things in this situation.

That felt like a fresh breath of air to Jimin. He wouldn't admit it just yet, but he and Taehyung were probably similar in many ways. Making this incident feel all the more intentional on the universe's part.

[Jimin]
You are right.

[Taehyung]
To what do I owe this message from you.

[Jimin]
I just wanted to check on you

[Jimin]
Nothing weird of course, I really just wanted to see how you were doing...

[Taehyung]
I wanna say I am okay. But... I don't know. I know I'm not. I just don't feel it.

Jimin isn't one to text. His ability to speak and express feelings was better off verbal. That knowledge alone gave him the push he needed to call Taehyung and speak with him on the phone instead. And there it was. That deep voice. It sounded like a hazy dream

"Hi" Jimin breathes out.

"Jiminssi hi"

"How are you Taehyungssi"

"I'm coping of course. it's embarrassing really. Have I ever apologized for the calls and voice messages"

"Oh no..."

"Hmm?"

"Please don't feel that way. It's fine. I promise I didn't mind them at all. " Taehyung lets out what seems to be a chuckle before speaking again. While Jimin mentally and literally face plants.

"That brings up questions don't you think"

"Questions like?"

"Why... weren't you bothered. Most would be"

"I'm used to it"

"Used to... people accidentally calling you thinking you are their ex?" JImin stills for a minute, but he winds up laughing instead. a loud burst of giggles before he stops and apologizes for the outburst. That laugh... Taehyung loves it.