Chapter Eight

Jimin is a man of his word indeed. Saying Taehyung is surprised would be just a little under a lie. The smaller male took shots like it was nothing. And Taehyung followed closely. By now they were both just under the line of drunk.

When he took his first drink from the bar Taehyung would be lying if he said he wasn't a tad bit worried. Thought Jimin was only bluffing about being able to do so. Yet shot after shot and Taehyung realized that this was not a lie.

What Jimin didn't say though, was that the more he drunk the more sexy and seductive he got. Eyes hooded, tongue occasionally poking out to wet his plump lips, eyes locked on to Taehyung as he spoke about his past. Jimin just had his quality about him and Taehyung was attracted to it.

The drinks finally stopped. They walked around together talking to other reporters. Meeting people who Jimin just found so nice and easy to talk to. Jimin loved the atmosphere truthfully and was noticing why Taehyung loved it too.

By now they were seated comfortably together. A bit tired from so much walking and socializing. Jimin emitting pretty giggles as Taehyung talked about old memories. Funny embarrassing ones, that made him throw his body onto Taehyung's on the couch they sat on.

"You were so mischievous," Jimin says, Hands smoothing over Taehyung's chest without thought. While the other had his arm thrown over Jimin's shoulder. They were both suddenly both so close and touchy. Breathing in each other's air, basking in the atmosphere, and alcohol in their systems.

"I don't know I wouldn't say I changed much little one."

"How so," Jimin asks. picking up a strawberry from a bowl in front of them and taking a bite.

"I have my ways. Be careful. You might let me get too close." He says and Jimin can barely focus on what he means by that. He is staring at those lips, that jawline, those deep, dark, piercing eyes. He can't tell if it's the fuzziness that comes with drinking, but Taehyung looks delicious and he wants a bite.

Jimin is ready to respond until he hears the voice of a woman. He doesn't react right away. Because the second he hears the voice, Taehyung's hand has a grip on his waist that keeps him from going anywhere.

"Taehyung?" she says and the other doesn't respond quickly. Instead, he looks at Jimin who has wide eyes and confusion written on his face.

"Are you okay Jimin-ah"

"Yes, but are you?" He replies.

"I'm just great." He says smiling until his focus lands back on the woman standing before them.

"Taehyung... I'm-"

"You're what Yujin?" Jimin stills at his cold tone. Finally realizing who this is and what about her makes Taehyung act this way. This was no other than his disappearing ex. The one who left Taehyung in the dust and treated this sweet soul like a piece of nothing. Jimin still worries though.

She deserves what Taehyung has for her but he doesn't deserve the sadness and pain that comes with being reminded of a bad past. So he looks up at the younger male, tugging on his arm.

"tae tae-"

"I barely recognized you. I didn't think you would come to the event... I asked around and they mention you were with someone who I'm guessing is you." She says. Pointing to Jimin

"what do you want Yujin."

"to apologize taehyung. I've been watching from afar Taehyung. I didn't forget you."

"Yeah? well, I wish I forgot you."

"How can you say that? do you know how much you meant to me?"

"Do you really want to go down that road? Well, let's go there shall we?" He says standing from his seat and stepping closer to her.