Threats

As I try to process the text message I got from Skyler, I immediately call him.
He answers.
Skyler; hello?
Me; Skyler? Are you okay?
Skyler; No-
Me; Skyler you're not okay.
Skyler; Can we talk?
Me; Of course
Skyler; Come over please.
I hang up the phone with Skyler. Run downstairs and immediately put my shoes and jacket on. I text my mom;

Going to a friends. I'll text you my plans for dinner.
I lock the door and walk up to Skyler's house.
Skyler's mom meets me at the door in responce to the bell.
"Hello" Skyler's mom looking confused.
"I'm Skyler's friend." I tell her trying to act as normal as possible.
" Oh, come in! Skyler should have told me he was having visiters." Skyler's mom opens the door as I walk in.
She shows me the way to the basement as I follow her down there.
"Heyy." Skyler tells me motioning his hand to the the chair next to him near the couch. His house is actually really nice, and a similar to my house.
" Who left you threats? Was it on social media?" I ask Skyler as I uncomfortably take a seat and feel the button on my jacket lean against my skin.
Skyler looks up.
" Yeah. Look here. " he shows me his phone and I scroll through the comments.
Gay freak ..
Jerk.. Two timer!
I notice that the acount is a girl. It must have been his girlfriend. My heart brakes for him as I read through the comments.
"Skyler I -"
"It's fine. " he looks down and tears up.
" I know we just met, but I feel close to you already. " I tell Skyler as I pat his back.
Minutes later, we put on a movie and split a popcorn and soda. We just talked about things we couldn't talk about to our other friends.
"So you play football?" I ask him with a smile.
"Yeah. It's really fun. You should come outside and play with me one day. We live 20 minutes away from each other." He laughed.
I laughed along. Me and sports aren't the best match.
the next day
" Hey mom!" I yell as I come downstairs after just waking up. Thank god it's Saturday.
"Good morning sweetheart. How was Sam's yesterday?" Mom asks as she kisses me on the head dropping a pile of laundry on the floor.
"It wasn't Sam's for a change." I tell mom.
She's probably not used to me having a boy as a friend.
" Madi's?" Mom asks as she picks up the cloths and walks into the kitchen.
I pick up the coffee pot and pour coffee into a mug.
" No some new boy in school, Skyler." I tell mom making it sound like Skyler means nothing.

Hey guys! I know this chapter was short but I just wanted to make it get to the point. Don't worry the next chapter will be more lengthy.