Chapter 9

" I'm sorry. I'm really sorry, Mom." I tell my mother as I sit down on the couch.
"Sorry doesn't fix your irresponsible attitude." Mom tells me as she walks into the kitchen and leaves me in the living room.
After coming home from the corner park, Mom started yelling at me because of how irresponsible I was today. I totally forgot to pick up my little sister from her day care when I was at the park. I guess I've been so distracted with all this drama with my friends that I haven't focused on a lot of other things.
"Your grounded. No phone or TV." Mom storms into the living room, grabbing my phone out of my hand.
"What else am I supposed to do!?" I ask her as I roll my eyes.
"Read a book or do some homework." Mom tells me with a smile as she walks upstairs into her office.
Seriously! Now how am I supposed to talk to all my friends? Madi & Sam text me everyday to hangout, Skyler talks to me over the phone, and I have instagram on that!
"Honey, it getting late so I suggest you go on up to bed. Jenna and Victoria are already sleeping." Mom tells me from on the step.
"Fine. But how exactly am I supposed to fall asleep without my television?" I ask my mom as I head up to my room.
"You'll live." Mom laughs.

The next morning

"Pancakes? Oh yeah!" Victoria walks into the kitchen, grabbing a glass of orange juice out of the fridge.
"Jeez Vic." I tell her as I grab a bowl and begin pour cereal into it.
"At least I'm not the one with no social life for a week." Victoria sasses along with a hair flip.
"Hey watch it." Mom adds in there as she begins to feed Jenna.
" Well it's not my fault that mom took my phone away and I can't socialize." I tell Victoria as I sip my coffee.
I thought about what I said before mom answered, and it actually is my fault.
"Well-" mom responded quickly.
" It is my fault I know." I answered before mom could finish her sentence.
* * *
" I texted you a billion times last night!" Dani tells me as she takes out her phone.
It's about 7:30 am and we are walking to school together.
"Sorry. My mom took my phone away last night." I told Danielle as I just realized what happened with me and Skyler.
I immediately think to myself.
I could only imagine how much Skyler has been trying to contact me.
What's going happen with me and him?
Are things going to be weird now?
As me and Dani walk into school, I'm approached by Sam and Madi.
" Hey girls!" Madi yells as she gives me a big hug, as she does every morning.
"Hey. You remember Dani right?" I hug Madi back and we walk to our lockers.
" Course!" Madi waves to Dani and so does Sam.
Skyler walks up to my crew.
"Hey, can we talk?" Skyler asks me as he picks up my hand, out of no where.
I walk out and tell the girls I'll be right back.
We walk into the students cafeteria and sit down, even though we are not allowed to be in there.
" So, what do you want to talk about?" I ask Skyler as I put my Michael Kors bag down and fix my hair.
" Do you wanna come over Saturday night?" Skyler asks me.
As in a date? Nah, he doesn't like me like that. How could anyone?
"Listen. I just want to let you know that we are friends. Best friends. Nothing more." Skyler smiles and picks up his school bag.
"See you Saturday." He smiles and walks out of the room.
" I-" I decide not to finish what I was going say because he left anyway.
Only that I'm conflicted because we kissed and now he told me we are just friends. Boys are so complicated sometimes. I guess I might have developed a little crush on Skyler.