Chapter 16

"It's so good to see you." I hug Skyler again.
   He smiles and we head into the living room and sit on the couch.
  "I know you're not supposed to have a lot of visitors, but I'm just coming by to make sure you're okay." Skyler looks at me.
  "I appreciate you coming by. " I put my arm on his shoulder and smile.
  "Anytime. There's a gift coming for you that should be here about-" He looks at his watch.
"Now!"
The doorbell rings. I try to get up, but my mother quickly comes downstairs to open the door.
   "Thank you." My mom says and closes the door.
  She comes in the living room with a breakfast basket with any kind of breakfast treat you could think of. Bagels, coffee cake, crousiants,muffins and more.
  "Woah. Who's this from?" My mom looks at the note along with it.
  She smiles after reading it and puts the basket on the table.
  "You're to sweet." She looks at Skyler and walks into the kitchen.
"Sky- I don't even know what to say."
  He just looks at me and holds my hand.
  "Thank you?" He laughs and makes
me giggle.
  "Thank you. You're a very good friend. Especially considering I got myself into this mess." I look down and start to tear up.
"Come on, Are you hungry?" He hands me a muffin and turns on the tv.
--------------------------------------------
"So how are you?" Madi asks me on the phone as I put my new pair of boots away in the closet.
"Alright. I guess. " I answer her back.
"So how's the boyfriend doing?"
"He's doing- Hey! Not my boyfriend." I tell Madi.
"Dang. Alright how's your friend?" Madi laughs on the other line.
"He's fine. Listen I got to go to bed and I'm tired and grouchy. Talk to you tomorrow?"
I hang up the phone and lay down on my bed.
I start thinking about my mistakes. To think a boy would actually like me is kind of funny. I'm no longer interested in Skyler. I was never really. But he just wants to be friends and so do I.
Yeah he posts things on Instagram and Facebook on Twitter about me. But sometimes I think he just loves me as a friend. That's fine.
Sometimes we create our own heartbreaks through expectations.
  "Honey?" My mom walks in and sits on my bed next to me.
"Yeah." I look up at her.
"You alright?" She asks me and puts her hand on my forehead.
"I don't know. But I will be."
I close my eyes and go to sleep.
__________________________
"Hello?"
"Yes?"
"Is Ashley there because I just saw Skyler making out with Madi outside the grocery store."