Chapter 12

"Hi honey." Mom reaches and grabs my hand, but my eyes are closed.
I open my eyes, seeing only blur.
"Where am I?" I squint and try to figure out where I am. I see my mom right next to me and a nurse coming in.
"The hospital." Mom strokes my hair.
I look down and there a cast around my arm, and what feels like a back brace on my back. I try to sit up, and feel a sudden urge of pain in my arm and my back. I end up sitting still, but feel really uncomfortable.
"How are you feeling?" The nurse walks in and puts needles in my arm and looks at me.
My eyes finally could see clearly, and I notice I really am at a hospital. But I don't recall exactly why I am here with two casts on my arm and back.
"Pain." I say, but it doesn't come out very clearly. I feel like I just got off of that sleeping pill they give people during surgery.
"I'll get you a pain reliever pill." The nurse walks out of the room, leaving me with my mother.
"Honey, I am not proud of your very poor choices lately. Your attitude and choices are despicable." My mom looks at me very serious, in almost an upsetting way.
I look straight up at my mom.
" What happened? I only remember being at a party with some kids beating me up." I tell my mom as tears fall down my face, almost like a never ending waterfall.
"Here is your pill, take a sip of water." The doctor gives me meds and sits down on the chair reading a form with my name on it.
I take a sip, and lay my head back on the pillow. Now I know why they call it a hangover,. It isn't my first time drinking, but it is my first time that I was actually drunk.
Skylers POV
"Is she going to be okay, Mom?" I ask my mother as she brings me in a cup of coffee and sits down next to me on the couch.
"I don't know, honey. I sure hope so. She did make some bad choices of getting drunk last night. If they shut down the party, and since the police were involved, it could get Daniella in some pretty serious trouble." My mom tells with a straight face, and pats my back.
I just wish there was something I could have done. Something that could have stopped her from getting hurt. The kids that beat her up left her with a scar, but the car accident left her with injuries I could only imagine. After the police came, I walked home and asked her if she would go with me.
She seemed almost mad at me, for not trying hard to stop Daniella. But I did- I stopped her. But it wasn't enough for Ashley. She told me she wanted her hurt, but I didn't want to hurt her physically. I want her to know how much of a terrible person she is for throwing a party just to get Ashley hurt. If Ashey didn't run out so drunk, she wouldn't have got hit by that car. I feel so bad like there is nothing I could do to make things better.
"Is she allowing visitors?" I ask my mom and she smiles and picks up the phone.
"Not sure. I'll let you know." My mom dials a number and walks into another room.
I feel like me and Ashley didn't get to know each other that well. We are really close, but there are things we never talked about that much, things I want to know more about her.
Ashley's POV
"Alright, now how do you feel?" The nurse asks me as I take a sip of my water and put it back down on the table next to my hospital bed.
"Okay, I guess." I tell the nurse and she smiles.
She walks out of the room and closes the hospital door.
"Mom, I'm sorry. I really am." I tell her and start crying.
She looks at me and starts tearing.
"I know, honey. But sorry can't fix your injuries. " Mom gives me a tissue and whipes her tears.
I look up at her, and can't help but feel like a horrible daughter.
"I'm horrible." I turn to the other side of the hospital bed, and can't bare to look at her all upset. It's all my fault.
"Honey." She looks at me and takes my hair out of my face, and hugs me. The hug hurt, but I delt with the pain.
'You have visitors, should I let them in?" The nurse walks in on me and my mom's moment. Mom lets go of my hand.
"Sorry, did I interrupt-"
"No it's fine. Who is here?" I ask the nurse and sit myself up.
"Skyler." The nurse looks down at her sheet.
"Yeah." I fix myself up, and brush through my hair with my fingers. How could he want to see me like this?
I don't remember what happened, but he must be mad at me for something.
Skyler walks in. He walks right up to me and my mom.
"I'll leave you two. Me and the nurse should look at your X-rays." Mom and the nurse walk out of the hospital room.
Skyler reaches for my hand. His bright blue eyes look at me, almost like he is looking through me.
"Hi." I look at Skyler as he sits down, where mom was sitting.
"Are you okay?" He asks me and puts his finger under my eyes, whiping a tear.
"I'm sorry, Skyler. I don't remember what happened or what I said." I start tearing up and brake down.
"It's fine, Ash. All that matters is that your going to be okay." He looks at me and hugs me.
We look at each other, he looks like he is going to kiss me. But the nurse walks in. He started at my lips, and I stared at his.
She starts looking at me with a very serious face.
"You have a a serious injury in your chest." The nurse says as she walks in with my mom.
"Can someone please let me know me know what happened last night?" I ask waiting for someone to answer me.
Everyone's face goes red. No one says a word.
'"I deserve to know what happened to me!" I yell and feel pain on my back.
Sky finally steps up,
"I'll tell her." Skyler says as everyone sighs.
Everyone walks out of the room except Skyler, and I start having a panic attack. I could just feel how tense it's going be when he tells me. I wish I didn't black out and I knew what happened.
"Well, let's start off with what you do remember." Skyler sits down and holds my hand.
"I remember me and Daniella going at it, and then some kids came up and hit me." I softly speak to Skyler as tears slide down my face, my face turns beat red.
"After that, you ran off. The party was over and everyone left. But when you left, you didn't tell me and you just walked out without Madi and Sam knowing. We weren't going to let you go home alone."
I start breathing loudly, and sit up.
"When we left her house, we saw you about to go cross the street. We ran up, but it was to late. You didn't look both ways, and a speeding car came up. You tripped over the tire, you fell on your arm, and your back was on the floor. I cried, and so did the girls. We called the cops right away-" Skyler starts crying.
"I left and I didn't tell you? I got hit by a car!" I started to have a brake down.
"The ambulance came and so did your mom. I came with Madi and Sam. Dani wanted to come but there were to many visitors. I stayed with you until midnight, me and the girls took a cab home." Skyler looks down and starts tearing up.
He leans in, kisses me on the lips,a very slow and short kiss. But very meaningful. Skylers been with me through it all, and so have my best friends. I can't ask for better friends.
"Thanks for taking care of me. I owe you." I tell Skyler.
My dad walks in, out of no where. Skyler puts his hands on his lap, and I lean up on my hospital bed.
"I'm so sorry honey." My dad hugs me and my sisters walk into the room. They have cornbread and coffee.
I hug my dad back, and he sees I've been crying. Jenna walks up to me, and holds my hand.
Vic gives me the cornbread and coffee, and puts it on the table next to me.
"Thought you could use something other than hospital food." Vic winks at me.
"Yes, thank you." I smile at my family, almost forgetting Skyler is with me.
"Maybe I should go- I'll talk to you later?" Skyler hugs me, and I nod.
Out of no where, nurses run in and so does my mom.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
**beep, beep,beep**