Chapter 10

"Mom,can I have my phone back now?" I ask my mother as we sit down at the table for dinner.
It's about 6:00 and it's been a whole day without my phone, I think my mom has gotten over it already.
Mom puts her fork down and looks at me.
"Oh, Alright.Fine." She smiles, picks her fork back up, and continues eating.
"Yay!" I smile and jump out of my sit from the kitchen table.
" After dinner!" Mom tells me as I come down the steps and return to the dinner table.
* * *
When I turn my phone on, I immediately look at all of my notifications.
Hey want to go for sushi with Madi?
Hiii
What's up?
How come you haven't been answering?
From: Skyler
To: Ashley
I answer back;
Sorry, I just got my phone back today. That's why I haven't been using it or answering back any text messages.
I put my phone down, look at the clock which reads 9:30 and go to bed.
* * ********************************
I wake up and it's 10 on a SATURDAY! I just love Saturdays.
"Honey?" Mom knocks on my door as she opens it to look in.
"Yeah?" I ask as I whipe my eyes and sit up.
"Your dads picking you up in a half hour. Be ready!" Mom tells me as she walks into my room, kisses my head, and walks out.
Every Saturday I have to go to my dads house. I like going to my dads, I mean he has a nice house, always takes me to dunkin donuts, & always is kind. But it's just annoying that he picks us up so early, which can involve me getting up early to pack my cloths for the weekend. Skyler also invited me over later, which If I want to go then I'd have to ask my father again like the last two weekends!
I head downstairs, with my backpack full of my belongings and walk into the kitchen.
"Morning." I say as I smile and see my sisters and mom sitting at the kitchen table.
I take a cup from the cabinet, and put it under the keureg , and press the button.
"Waffles and bacon?" Mom asks me as she hands the plate full of food.
"Um, no thanks. I'll have cereal." I tell my mom as I take a seat and poor rice crispies into my bowl.
" So, I haven't seen you in quite some time." Ashley says as she picks up her cup of coffee and puts her fork and napkin on her finished plate.
I put my spoon into the bowl.
" Like wise." I tell her and begin eating my cereal.
" Well, you must of not had seen Jenna if you forget to pick her up." Victoria smiles.
Mom looks like she's about to same something, but I try to say something before she could.
"Very funny." I roll my eyes.
"Jenna, you forgive me don't you?" I ask my little sister sitting right across the table from me.
She puts down the piece of pancake from her hand, and giggles.
"Yeaa." Jenna responds in a voice that sounds like half giggle.
I smile, and look at Victoria.
"She probably doesn't even understand what I did. Why are you always looking for trouble?" I ask Victoria as I put my spoon down and coffee mug.
"Why are you always calling me out on things?" Victoria asks me and brings her plate into the kitchen.
"Girls. Enough. Bad example you are setting for your sister.
"Fine." I retort and get my bag by the sound of my dads car honking.
We all immediately run to get out bags, except Jenna. Mom got Jenna her baby bag.
"Bye mom. Love you!" I hug mom and she kisses me on the head.
"Bye love YA!" Victoria hugs her and then Jenna.
"Have a nice weekend. Love you girls!" Mom walks to door and opens it for us.
I walk out and go into my dads mini van and wave to mom. There really is no tension between my mother and my father. The only reason they're divorced is because they're relationship didn't work, not their friendship. But after Jenna came, they've taken their distance and my Dad moved out soon after.
"Hey dad!" I open the car door and hug my father.
When me,dad, and my sisters get home we decide to just chill out in our bedrooms.
My phone buzzes:
Hey, huge party at Daniella's tonight. Heard everyones going be there. Want to go?
From; Group Message (Madi & Sam)
I put my phone down as I hear my dad calling my name. Alerted, I run downstairs.
"Girls, I got a call from my job. They need night guards tonight, and two of the workers aren't present." My dad tells us as he puts the doughnuts on the coffee table and sits down.
"And that means?" I ask him as I sit down next to him, grabbing a doughnut to give to Jenna.
"Would you mind if I dropped you back off at your mothers since I won't be home?" Dad asks and picks Jenna up and seats her on his lap.
"I won't mind." Victoria tells dad and returns back to texting on her phone.
"Fine with me. I might have plans tonight anyway." I hug dad and return to my bedroom to pack my stuff back up.
"Okay girls. Hop in." Dad opens the car door and puts Jenna in her car seat.
When I get back home, Mom looks a little surprised to see me.
"Hey. Dad had to take a night job, workers didn't come in. You don't mind, right?" I ask mom as I hold Jenna's hand and walk her into the house.
"Nope, I am having company tonight. Some old friends from high school. " Mom smiles and strokes my hair, while hanging up my jacket.
I walk into the kitchen, and sit on the island bar. I pick my phone back up and realize it has been buzzing more.
Hey. Still having trouble in algebra? I'm free now.
From: Skyler
* * *******************************************