Chapter 6

"Ashley?" I hear a voice coming into my room, it's my mom.
"Honey? Are you okay?" My mom asks me as she sees my eyes filled with tears and my mascara running down on my face.
I forgot to mention that my pillow is stained with mascara.
"Yeah." She said as she strokes my hair. I decide not to tell my mother about what a complete fool I made out of myself. I hope Skyler doesn't think differently of me. I am still the same girl but I just made a stupid choice. I could only imagine what my best friends think of me now. I was to embarrassed to stay at the party, so I left. I am such a horriable friend to SAM and Madi. I wonder what they thought when they noticed I wasn't a the party and I disappeared.
Mom eventually gets the fact that I don't want to talk to her right now, and goes to sleep early.
My phone vibrates;
Hey. Can we talk?
From; Madi
I answer;
Sure, when?
I then text Skyler:
Im sorry Skyler. For everythingg! I don't like you like that and I acted ike a complete idiot.
He then answers back;
Its fine, I understand. Your still my best friend.
As I read the text message he sent to me over and over, I am filled with relief. I really do not want to loose Skyler. Somehow at the end of every situation, I end up conflicted. Now I just need to find out if my best friends are mad at me.
I answer Skyler;
Phew! Your my best friend too. Do you want to do something the rest of the night?
I look at the clock and its 9:00 already. Mom is sleeping, and if I leave her a note then I'm sure she will be okay with me going out this late. At least I hope!
Skyler texts me back;
Want to go for sushi?
I smile and reply;
Sounds like heaven!
I quickly clean my face, re-apply my makeup and decide to keep my dress on. It's not fancy like Sam's but I guess it is fine to go out with. I decide to call Sam;
Sam; Hello?
Me; Sam its me, Ash
Sam; Hey.
Me; I'm so sorry for ruining your special night. Me and Skyler were thinking about making it up to you by going for sushi. Sound fun?
Sam laughs.
Sam; It's fine. I would do the same thing. But sorry I can't go out, my family just came over. You go have fun!
Me; Oh okay. Thanks you too!
I smile feeling glad she does not hate me for what I did. I then head downstairs and get my jacket on. I met Skyleer outside of my house.
   "Hi." I say to him as I walk outside. The last time me and him talked was at the party, and I think everyone knows that our last conversation did not go as planned.
   "Hey. We better head out now if we are going make it to the restaurant at 9:15." Skyler tells me as we start walking. The walk there was silent and awkward but when we got to the sushi place we began talking about the party.
   "So, why were you acting like that when I brought my girlfriend?"  Skyler asks as he takes a sip of the water.
I look down, feeling so embarrassed.  "Honestly, I don't know why I cared so much. I am so sorry." I say as we take a bite of our avocado and cucumber roll.
     "I'm sorry too. I should not have yelled at you like that. We can still be friends right?" Skyler looks at me with a slanted smile.
          "Best friends." 
Skyler smiles as we continue eating our sushi and laughing throughout the night.