Chapter 1: Reincarnation

*Y/N's POV*

I woke up in a cave surrounded by herbs and slightly glowing ore. I had no idea how I got there, but that wasn't what worried me. What worried me was that I was alone, in a cave, with no food and no way out. I quickly started searching for an exit.

Finding the exit was harder than I had thought. There wasn't any light whatsoever, except for some ore, which was slightly glowing. I thought that it might be pretty valuable, so I tried to take a chunk of it. As expected, it didn't even budge. Thankfully I found some small bits on the ground so I took them. I decided to take some of the herbs too. I was wondering if I could eat them raw but my instincts told me that maybe I should keep them.

I had searched for the exit for a few days but still hadn't found it. It seems that the cave is unexpectedly big. I started panicking because I could starve soon so I started searching faster.

While I was searching for the exit, I saw something unnatural. Something I've only seen in anime and games. A slime. I couldn't see it before it was in front of me. It was round and blue, a typical slime I remember from Dragon Quest games. I came to the conclusion that this is either a dream or I got isekai'd.

"Hello, slime. Can you hear me?"

No answer. It seems it can't hear me. I wonder if it can see.

*Rimuru POV*

I had just asked Great Sage to analyze the herbs I had been eating.

"Analysis complete. Hipokute herbs: A type of ingredient used in healing medication. Thrives only in areas blessed with high logical magic densities. Fusing it's juices with magicules produces recovery medicine. Grinding the blades and fusing them with magicules produces a salve that closes wounds."

I was amazed at the fact that I had unknowingly eaten something so amazing. I started making the potions and continued my journey. After a while, I bumped into something. Normally, I would have continued without caring at all, but the thing I bumped into started moving. I started panicking since I couldn't see, hear or fight if needed. The thing just picked me up and inspected me. There was a familiar feeling when it picked me up. It felt like a human's hands. I thought that I might die soon. I sighed. That was a short life... or a slife.

The human, what I assumed it was, didn't do anything to me though. It actually just decided to try to hug me. Sure, it was a bit nice, but who would hug a slime out of nowhere? (Author's note: Plot) What if I attacked and it didn't have time to react to it? It would be dead quite fast. But I wouldn't do that, I'm not a bad slime! It let go of me after a while and I continued my journey.

*Y/N's POV*

After hugging the slime (which felt pretty nice) I decided to follow it. It immediately fell into a lake.

"..."

I was ready to jump in the water to help, but the slime came out of the water with a burst of water at incredible speed. That made me wonder if it was actually intelligent. I then made my way to the other side where the slime was. Even though it crashed on a wall, it seemed to be perfectly fine.

"Must be because of that body"

Then I saw something horrifying yet cool. A dragon. It had black scales with cracks revealing something like bluish skin, four horns, two going along it's head and the other two going along it's jaw. It had a pair of wings, as dragons usually have and a long tail.

'Can you hear me, small ones?'

I suddenly heard a voice in my head. Is this what's called telepathy? It seems that it addressed both me and the slime. The slime looked as if it had a panic attack, and I can't really say I didn't have one.