Chapter 14: The Labyrinth

(Author: First of all, shout out to 0itis_Hailey0 for making this drawing!

Second of all, enjoy the chapter!)

It's been a month since Rimuru left to save the kids. Nothing too significant has happened. I even had time to visit them a few times. They were always happy and excited. Anyway, it's about time to call him. I wonder how he's doing. Probably good. Anyway, he picked up soon.

Y/N: "Once again, how are you?"

Rimuru: "Once again, I'm good. Better than usual in fact."

Y/N: "Nice. Why, though?"

He started laughing the laugh he usually laughs when he thinks he's done something good. Or in other words, a smug laugh.

Rimuru: "I've found the Dwelling of Spirits!"

Y/N: "That's great! I assume you'll be going there as soon as possible, am I right?"

Rimuru: "Indeed. Wanna come with us? The kids seem to miss you."

Y/N: "Hmm... Sure. Got nothing better to do."

Rimuru: "Nice. Oh, by the way. A merchant named Mjolmire will be visiting the city soon. He'll be teaching us about selling stuff and we'll sell him stuff that he will sell later."

Y/N: "I see... So both parties benefit. Sounds good. How did you meet him, by the way?"

Rimuru: "I only ate a Sky Dragon that attacked the city and saved some lives, nothing too big. I disguised myself but he somehow knew who I was and invited me to dinner."

Y/N: "That's definitely big. Well, it's nothing to worry about, I guess."

Rimuru: "It isn't. Also, I have one thing to tell you."

Y/N: "Okay. Go ahead, then."

He was silent for a moment for some reason.

Rimuru: "Actually, it isn't that important, so I'll tell you when I get back. Okay?"

Y/N: "You had my curiosity, but now you have my attention. Why not tell it now?"

Rimuru: "It would be better to tell it when I get back."

Y/N: "Fine. Tell it later, then."

Rimuru: "I promise. Well, it's getting a bit late. See you soon!"

Y/N: "Yeah, see you!"

We hung up again. I went to sleep while hugging Rimuru, again.

Timeskip

I am currently waiting for Rimuru and the kids on the Dwelling of Spirit's entrance. It seems to be a huge labyrinth. It's located in a huge forest with huge trees. It's like it's designed for giants. It was boring, though. Nothing interesting. Nothing to do. Except climb trees. Which is what I did. Now I'm waiting for Rimuru and the kids on a tree's branch. I'm pretty high up, too. They probably won't even notice me. I'll just stay here and wait for them.