Chapter 22: Preparations For Walpurgis

It's ya boi, RimuruBestBoy, or RBB for short. Managed to write this. Anyway, quick recap since I'm gonna skip a few episodes: Tempest and Thalion formed diplomatic relations, making it the third human country that has good relations with Tempest. Ramiris told about Walpurgis. Clayman's plan of awakening as a True Demon Lord were found out. Rimuru decided to go to Walpurgis. Y/N will keep a watch on Veldora in Tempest. Rimuru sent Benimaru and the others to battle Clayman's forces in Eurazania after transporting the citizens away. Diablo and Youm's group went to take over Falmuth. That's all. Also, Y/N helped Shion with the torture. Also, sorry I skip a few things, they would be pretty much the same. Also, this starts at episode 6. Now that's all.

*3rd person's POV*

Clayman: "No one is there?"

Back at Clayman's castle, Clayman got a report from his Middle Finger, Yamza, from Eurazania.

Yamza: "Correct. The Animal Kingdom of Eurazania is completely deserted."

Clayman: "How?"

Getting no answer, Clayman took a deep breath and a frustrated look grew on his face.

Clayman: "Well, no matter. Investigate the area thoroughly. Find them."

Yamza: "Yes, sir."

Frustrated, Clayman sighed and went to take a sip of his wine when Yamza said something.

Yamza. "And there's one more thing... One of the soldiers heard something interesting from a peddler we met during our march."

Clayman: "Something interesting?"

Yamza: "Yes. He said the Storm Dragon Veldora has returned."

Clayman: "Veldora?"

Yamza: "He said Falmuth's forces were collateral damage in Veldora's resurrection."

Clayman: "So it was the Storm Dragon's doing?"

Yamza: "Yes. And since he has only just been resurrected, he is missing the majority of his energy."

Clayman figured the reason he lost contact with his marionettes he had sent to observer how things go was because of Veldora and the chaos that resulted from his resurrection. He was sure that a slime and a young, newly-born spirit couldn't defeat an army. Defeating the Evil Dragon is currently an easy task as well, at least he thought so. He also thought he could possibly make the Storm Dragon his pawn.

Clayman: "Yamza, thank you for the report. Keep up the good work."

Yamza: "Yes, sir."

Yamza disconnected and Clayman spun his glass of wine.

Clayman: "And to think I nearly fell for the bluff of a mere slime and a young, weak spirit. But the truth cannot be hidden. Slime and spirit borrowing the the Evil Dragon's authority, you both should feel honored. I'm going to crush both of you with my own two hands!"

As Clayman was holding the wine glass high in the air, he suddenly remembered the warning Laplace had said to him. He shouldn't overestimate his control over the Demon Lord Milim. He brought his glass near himself.

Clayman: "Don't you worry, Laplace. I will win." (You sure about that?"

He took a sip of his wine.

Frey's castle

The Demon Lord Frey, Queen of the Skies, sat on a red couch, one leg over another, as her maids were taking care of her wings. Bored, she looked in front of herself, where the Demon Lord Milim stood, as in a trance. She took a good look on the necklace Milim had around her neck. She then remembered how one day, as she was filing some papers, Milim had burst into her office with two pink things on her hands.