'Happy Birthday' pt. 2 || Kageyama

'~ omy this was actually pretty long, there'll be a part 3 ~'

"Tobio?" I questioned, earning surprised reactions from the team.

"T-Tobio!? She called Kageyama by his first name! Even we don't get to do that.." The shorter ginger haired boy, who if I can remember was Hinata, exclaimed. He was soon hushed by their team captain, their eyes shifting between me and Tobio.

I averted my gaze from him, setting down the bottles on the bench. The room fell silent as I grabbed my bag, holding the sling out in front of me, showing him the keychain.

"D-do you remember this?" I directed my gaze to his direction, though avoiding eye contact.

I could hear him hesitate, breathing heavily as he bit his tongue. He grasped my arm gently but determined, leading me to the club room. He let me enter first, with him following behind me. He signalled their captain to carry on with practice, for he had some matters to settle, with me.

He stepped up and stood in front of me, staring at my chain then into my eyes as we enveloped in the silence of the room. I opened my mouth slightly, hesitating whether or not to say anything, but before I could make another movement, he does something unexpected.

He jerked towards me, pulling me into his warm and strong embrace. I stood there frozen, unsure whether to wrap my arms around him the same way. 

"No wonder you were so familiar..bunny-chan." Tobio whispered cordially, hugging me even tighter.

"Tobio..it really is you." I smiled warmly, finally wrapping my arms around his torso, pulling him in to embrace him closely. We only met once in my whole life, but that meeting gave me hope of the future, that there would be someone who'd put my needs first. Even as kids, he already knew that, and that's what made him so special to me.

We embraced each other silently, neither of us wanting to release each other from each other's hold. I couldn't speak for Tobio but to me, I've been longing for this moment ever since he disappeared from my sight. From then onwards, he would forever be someone I could call home, for now I only wish to become closer to him, hoping to be just of the same comfort to him as he was to me all this time.

Timeskip to 6 months later

Tobio and I spent the past few months together.

As friends, of course. Though I will admit, my place beside him felt warmer than anything I've ever felt.

Of course, I'd never let him meet my family though. For the first time, I let someone in and I only intend to keep him at a certain length. I don't know what I'd do if he saw the pathetic, powerless side of me at home.

"[Y/N] let's get going." Tobio called out to me from the gymnasium door.

Oh right. He was taking me home today. I only agreed because after he told me about what happened to his grandpa, he'd found comfort being with me. The feelings were mutual. I ran up behind him, getting a glimpse of the nape of his neck, I recalled the day he opened up to me.

Flashback begins...

"Hey it was you who wrote those notes wasn't it? The bunny drawing gave it away." Tobio asked as I walked along the elevated platform, him walking beside me but on the lower platform. "Duh! I bet you passed that class thanks to my notes." I snickered as I glanced down at him, laughed at his annoyed expression. He faced his back to me and I wrapped my arms around his neck, clinging to his torso in a Koala like manner.