'I love you too much' || Yamaguchi

'~ i hope yall love him just as much as i do huhu i hope yall enjoy this one too ~'

Song ~ I love you too much by Diego Luna and Gustavo Santaolalla

You and Yamaguchi have been friends ever since elementary. You always saw him hanging around Tsukishima, and the pair seemed like a bright and bubbly duo. You befriended them both and until now, your first year in high school, still remained friends with them. Although Tsukishima became colder and more snarky, he was still a good friend, and Yamaguchi remained all the same.

Except, he'd gotten more nervous around you, and in turn you assumed he just didn't want to be friends anymore. You never brought it up, so you just kept hanging out with them until you overheard Yamaguchi and Tsukishima's conversation in the gym. You listened from the open window from the outside.

"[F/N]? What about her?" Tsukishima asked, wiping his face with a towel.

"I don't know.. but do you think we should tell her?" Yamaguchi hesitantly mentioned.

"We? Don't you mean you? It's you who needs to tell her about it. Besides I think she feels the same." Tsukishima emphasized his words, and it hurt you. You didn't know what they were talking about but considering Yamaguchi had been so distant with you, maybe he's going to tell you he hates you? 

Tsukishima was wrong, for once. If he really did hate you, there was no way you hated him back.

You gritted your teeth, covering your ears as you held back tears, sliding your back down the wall to crouch down. You didn't want to hear any more, but you couldn't bring yourself to leave. 

To you, Yamaguchi meant more than anything, but you never told him. In truth, it was breaking you because you knew he was getting closer to Yachi, but she was your friend and you wouldn't dare make them go distant like you both did. You just waited for the day they'd get together and push you aside, and it seems like that day is nearing.

"Tell her that I love her..?" Yamaguchi asked Tsukishima, making him nod in response.

"[F/N]? What are you doing out her?" Sugawara crouched down in front of you and gently pat your head, "Are you okay?" You kept your hands over your ears, slowly opening them when you felt a hand on your head.

Yamaguchi panicked when he heard your name and quickly ran outside, and saw you crouching down. He didn't know what was wrong but when you looked up and made eye contact with him, your tears began flowing and you ran all the way home.

Sugawara, Tsukishima, and Yamaguchi all stared at your figure as it got smaller and smaller, signifying you really weren't coming back. "You guys should clear up whatever happened between you, it's a shame to see such a cutie cry like that." Nishinoya said as he patted Yamaguchi's back, making his way back inside the gym.

Yamaguchi was certain you didn't hear him. You were covering your ears, so why would you be crying..?

He clenched his fists and turned to Tsukishima.

"Tsukki, I need your help."

-

Days passed after you ran from the gym, you told Kiyoko and Yachi you weren't feeling well, and you could only attend classes but not practice. That was the last day you saw Yamaguchi too, but only because you'd been avoiding him ever since. If he hated you then so be it, as long as he didn't say it to you directly, then it'll be okay.