Prologue

Nowhere To Be Found

(c) semicxlon, 2021

DISCLAIMER:
This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

---

Aryana Solenn Valencia suffers from depression and dissociation following a traumatic breakup with her long-term boyfriend.

Dylan Jax Santiago had no idea he'd run into the new Aryana Solenn so soon after their worst breakup. But what surprised him was the transformation of his her ex-girlfriend, Aryana, into Ashanti Farrah Belamour, the biological daughter of one of the Philippines' most respected men. Will they have to start over? Or will they let the heaven decide their fate?

---

Prologue
Dylan Jax Santiago

It has been said, time heals all wounds but, I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But, it is never gone.

But maybe they're right. But what if the wounds don't heal correctly, like when cuts leave behind nasty scars, or when broken bones mend together, but aren't as smooth anymore?

Does it mean they're really healed? Or, is it that the body did what it could to fix what broke.

I was busy fixing my life these past few years. I want to bury all my problems, regrets, and pain that I have received.

Break ups are painful, but have you ever experienced such pain that you had to force yourself to stop loving that person?

I don't know the pain until I had to force my heart to stop loving the one I thought I'd be with forever. But, as years goes by, I didn’t stop from loving her. I have always and always loved her with each passing day.

“Hey, Dylan! Congratulations!” my co-workers greeted me as I entered the place.

I smiled back at them and sighed. I shook my head and have a fist bump on them. "God! Finally!"

Agad na lumapit sa akin si Achiro at tinapik ang balikat ko. Napailing pa siya na parang hindi makapaniwala. “Wow! You have only been back for a few days and have already been promoted!”

Ysabelle smirked at him. She almost rolled her eyes. "Well. He’s the former CEO’s son, ‘no! It’s already expected!" She kissed my left cheek as she approached me.

“With your speed, next year or month, you'll be the most successful CEO of all time.” Achiro said while smirking at Ysa, he’s actually proud of me.

I sighed heavily and stared at the windows. It has been a years since we broke up. I can't say that I was taking it so well even though I looked okay on the outside.

I could say that breaking up with Solenn was the worst decision I had done in my life. I regretted it. But, that’s the most accurate thing that I had to do.

I have or had... been living my life with nothing but pain because of my decision. Pero kahit anong pagsisi pa ang maramdaman ko, alam kong hindi na maibabalik n'on si Solenn.

They took some photos of me and we took some photos too. Before we sat down to strike a conversation.

"How was your vacation in Canada? They said it was nice." agad na tanong ni Achiro.