Part 2

After the awlward silence Ponyboy invited me to hang out with him at lunch and then after school. At lunch we talked about music we liked. Sooner than later, before I knew it I was putting stuff in my bag. I glance up and Ponyboy leaned up against the locker next to me and gave me a pearly white smile.

"Hia Ponyboy." I say throwing my bag over my shoulder, "What do you wanna do?"

"We can go to the park and hang out." Pony replies as we walk down the steps and begin to walk across the parking lot.

"Sounds fun."

We walked there silent until we reached a playground where little kids were jumping and goofing around. Pony climbs on the monkey bars and then begins to hang up side down. I chuckle as a couple strands of his hair fall out of place. He jumps down and runs his fingers back through his hair.

"Did you come here when you were a kid?" Ponyboy asks as i throw my arms up and grab on to the grey metal bars.

"Not that i remember." I glance around as i say this. Ponyboy guides me around the park but I stop the tour abruptly.

"Wow thats really pretty." I say pointing to the rather beautiful old fountain. I walk over to it, Ponyboy walking slowly behind me. I take out a couple pennies and hand Ponyboy one. I wish for more friendships. I throw the penny into the water a little after Ponyboy. Ponyboy stared at the water of the fountain, his brown eyes seemed to change.

"Well lets continue." I smile at ponyboy and he quickly looks up and flashes a smile.

"So what places have you been to in Tulsa?" Ponyboy asks. I give him a rather short list of places/streets/sights i have been to.

"Well that wasn't as much as i thought you were gonna list. Well Miss.L/n i suppose you should be getting home. "Ponyboy motions to my watch. 5:56. I shrug, i gasp a little as I see a beautiful pink wave in the sky as the sun started hiding away. We both stood there for a while till the sky was dark.

"You like sunsets too?" Ponyboy asks.

"Why, yes I do." I say as i glance down at my watch. 6:13. I sigh and glance back up at Ponyboy. "I guess i odda get home, since my parents were not expecting me to stay out tonight."

"Want me to walk you home?"

"I wouldn't mind, as long as it isnt a bother." I say as we start to walk down up the road.

"Nah, it ain't a bother." We walk to church street and into my apartment building, We go up one flight of stairs in front of apartment 2.

"Tha-" I am cut off by my parents who walked up the stairs and smiled at Ponyboy.

"Y/n we are gonna need for you to run the record store again on Saturday and tomorrow you are working an extra hour." Mom puts the keys into the lock and throws the door open.

"I thought you said I had Saturday off?" I have a butt load of question in my voice.

"Well your mother and I need to go and meet another record store owner and trade records, we would just close but more boxes are coming. So you are gonna have to bring them in and unload them." Father stops and says to me, glancing coldly at Ponyboy. "Who is this?"

"This is Ponyboy Curtis."

"Nice to meet you Mr. L/n."

"Y/n can you help your mother cook dinner while i make a couple calls." I nod as dad foes inside.

"Bye, see you tomorrow Ponyboy." I smile as he walks down the stairs.

"Goodnight."