Part 5

Ponyboy laughs and glances at Two bit.

"We are just friends." Ponyboy guides me into the kitchen and hands me an apple. Soda pokes his head around the cornor.

"How did you two meet?" Soda asks. Soon Darry and Two bit were in the kitchen too.

"Wait, you are the girl from the record store." Two bit has wide eyes and then crosses his arms and leans up against the fridge.

"We met properly at school. Well kinda." Pony opens up a coca cola and offers me one, but i decline. Darry didnt say much, he just kinda stared at me, making me nervous.

"Soooo Y/n, how long have you been working at the record store?" Darry suddenly asks.

"Since i was eleven, my parents own it." I try to say in a laid back manner. I jump as i hear the front door slam shut and the sound of loud guy voices charging into the kitchen. There were a couple more guys how looked at me and then Pony.

"Ohhh Ponyboy, who is this young broad?" A taller guy asks.

"She is rather cute. Mind if we share her?" Says a guy with a large nose and a butter face.

"Steve, keep your new friends in check." Ponyboy says to a taller guy who smoked. Okay, that dude is Steve.

"So little lady, whats your biggest regret in life." The big nose on leans up aginst the counter next to me. I raise and eyebrow and felt a bit irritated at him.

"Talking to you." I snap and the big nose guy quickly backs off and his face was a bright red.

"Hahaha, she told you man." Steve laughs then inhales some more of his cancer stick. Ponyboy takes out a cancer stick and glances up at Steve.

"Can I have you lighter?" Ponyboy asks Steve.  I take the cigarette out of Ponyboys hand and shake my head as i throw it to Steve.

"I agree with Y/n Pony. It aint a good habit." Darry says and I felt good being agreed with.

"Yeah, i guess." Ponyboy takes a sip of his coca cola the guides me to his room. In his room was a wooden table by the widow with books on it.
Ponyboy tells me the story as he promised, and I felt like my heart was crushed. Ponyboy got a bit teary. We sat there in the center of his bed in silence. His brown eyes had tears, that just wanted to run down his face.

"Ponyboy, its alright to cry. The aint shame in cryin." I take him into my embrace he rested his head on my shoulder. I could feel his breaths come faster and I knew he was cryin. He cried softly and quietly, but tou could still hear him sobing. Unlike myself, i was silent and i held my breath when i cried. "We all cry, even those greasers out there must have cried too."
For about twenty minutes I let him cry on my shoulder until he we just hugged quietly.

"I hope you dont lose respect for me, since I cried." Ponyboy made me chuckle.

"Its just tears, i haven't lost any respect for you." I say as he lets go and I notice his eyes were a little red. Johnny and Dallas must have ment a lot to Ponyboy.  I am honored that he told me the story.