06. Caller ID

CHAPTER SIXCALLER ID

CHAPTER SIX
CALLER ID

◥✥◤

     Alana Jane waited in the library, hoping that this time Theo would actually show up, especially after he insisted on buying her lunch to make up for flaking on her. She tapped her pen against the edge of her biology textbook as she read over everything on the page for the second time. Her notebook was turned to the notes she took in class and a pink highlighter was sitting right on top of it.

     "I'm here," Theo said and Alana Jane looked at him as he sat down in front of her.

     "You're here," she said as she put her pen down. "Tutor me."

     "Straight to the point. I like that," Theo smirked and Alana Jane rolled her eyes but she couldn't help but smile herself.

     "You insisted on paying for lunch so I had high expectations that you would actually pull through this time," she said while leaning over the edge of the table.

     Theo smiled as they started working on the assignment they were given and Alana Jane glanced at all her highlighted notes. She knew she wasn't too dumb for the class but apparently she needed to prove it to her teacher. Maybe Theo really could help her and maybe it wouldn't be so horrible. The first study session was a bust but now they're actually getting something done so she could actually improve for the first official test.

     "How many things do you need to highlight?" Theo asked as he pointed to the page that had more pink ink then Alana Jane would like to admit.

     "Anything that is important to know," she replied as she shrugged her shoulders. "Which is pretty much everything."

     "Fair enough," Theo chuckled and Alana Jane smiled tightly as she continued working on her assignment.

     About two hours passed with asking questions and Alana Jane throwing a crumpled up piece of paper at him whenever he would make a smartass comment, which was pretty much all the time. It felt like her brain was going to split in half by the time she was halfway done with her assignment and she leaned back in her seat as she looked at the ceiling. She was starting to get tired from trying to absorb all that information and sighed as she ran her fingers through her hair. School really was starting to get to her and she had been involved with pretty intense things in her lifetime.

     "I need to take a nap when I get home," Alana Jane said while craning her neck, feeling and hearing all the cracks.

     "Let's just call it a day," Theo replied as he started packing his stuff and Alana Jane nodded as she packed hers.

     Both of them stood up and left the library and Alana Jane sighed as she looked at Theo. "Thanks. You know, for your help so far," she said and Theo smiled.

     "No problem," he replied as he started heading to his car. "See you tomorrow."

     Alana Jane pursed her lips as she got inside her car and put her bag in the passenger seat. Once she was ready to go and had the radio softly playing, she started driving home so she could try and take a nap before finishing the rest of her homework. As she stopped at a red light, she thought about what Stiles said when he and Liam were outside her house. He said that they needed her to look inside someone's head and see what they were planning but she refused and told them to leave. Her hands gripped the steering wheel as she thought about it. Usually, when Stiles said something, he turned out to be right. Maybe it wasn't one hundred percent of the time but most times he was right and the odds were usually too high to ignore. For all she knew, this could be one of those cases where he was right and somebody was up to something no good. She would have to talk to him about it at school but right now, all she wanted to do was sleep.