03. How the Turntables

CHAPTER THREEHOW THE TURNTABLES

CHAPTER THREE
HOW THE TURNTABLES

◥✥◤

     At least when Alana Jane was at home, she was able to stay in her room where she could simply mind her own business. Her mother was already home by the time she arrived but her father was still at work and the first thing she did was say hi to her mother when she walked inside.

     "How was your first day?" her mother asked and Alana Jane pursed her lips.

     "Only two social encounters for today," she said while tilting her head.

     "Are you still avoiding your friends after all these months?" her mother questioned and Alana Jane's mood went from okay to sour in a second.

     "They're not my friends anymore, Mom. Friends aren't supposed to abandon you when things get rough," Alana Jane said as her shoulders dropped. "I'm going to go change."

     She turned around and went upstairs to her room and closed the door completely. She remembered the day she told her mother that she was no longer a member of Scott's pack, but she simply thought the solution would be to give him time and everything would be fixed. A small but important detail to remember was that Alana Jane's parents were completely oblivious to the supernatural world of Beacon Hills and they didn't know anything about Alana Jane's psionic abilities. So when Alana Jane told her mother that she was no longer a part of Scott's pack, she actually told her that she and Scott were no longer friends. Since then, that was all her mother knew and there was nothing else. Her father on the other hand just responded with nothing more than a shrug and dismissal telling her that she would soon get over it. Alana Jane could never tell her parents the truth and that's what sucked about having the powers she had.

     The dark haired girl sighed as she pulled her shirt over head just leaving her in her baggy jeans and pink bra. She tossed the beige material into the laundry basket right beside the closet and grabbed a white t-shirt. Once she had that on, she took off her jeans and her skin was suddenly touched by the cool air in her bedroom. She put the jeans in the basket as well and pulled a pair of sweatpants up her legs and tied the drawstring to hold them over her hips. She could simply relax and get her homework done without any distractions and let the day fall behind her.

     Talking to Scott for the first time in months was a game changer. The last time they spoke, she was parting ways from him and the others and not a word was said between them since that day. She could've let her hostility get the better of her and let him fight with that man on his own. She wanted to just walk away and let him fight him by himself but even after everything, she still helped him to defeat him. She still used her powers to help him no matter how much she wanted to just walk away.