02. Friends Are Overrated

CHAPTER TWOFRIENDS ARE OVERRATED

CHAPTER TWO
FRIENDS ARE OVERRATED

◥✥◤

     It wasn't easy by any means, but Alana Jane was able to get herself out of bed and into the shower as soon as her alarm went off. Once she was out, she dried her hair so it wasn't dripping with water and went back to her room to get dressed. She put on a pair of baggy light wash jeans and a tight fitting beige long sleeve shirt with a V-cut and a pair of white socks. She combed her dark pin straight hair and pulled it behind her shoulders so it all rested against her back. Her toothbrush was held between her teeth and the scent of mint filled her nose as she tied her shoelaces. She could still taste and smell mint even after spitting the white toothpaste into the sink and rinsing her mouth. She grabbed her bag, phone and keys and went downstairs to the empty kitchen.

     Her parents had already left for work so it was just her in the house with very little time to eat something before heading to school. She grabbed a granola bar from the cupboard and headed out the door with the chewy bar of granola and chocolate chips held between her teeth as she locked the door. She got inside her car and put her bag in the passenger seat so she could put on her seatbelt. Alana Jane started the engine and switched the car to reverse so she could pull out of the driveway. She made sure no one was behind her and once she was out of the driveway, she switched the car from reverse and pressed her foot on the gas pedal.

     When Alana Jane got to the parking lot and found a spot, she turned off the engine and took her seatbelt off. She grabbed her bag from the passenger seat and got out of the car and made sure it was locked. She looked to her left and saw the same blue jeep from the previous night right before she saw the large man with the talons. She saw the owner of the jeep standing next to it with a short haired brunette and the pale boy suddenly made eye contact with Alana Jane. The dark haired girl sighed as she turned away and walked right into the school.

     She stopped at her locker while avoiding contact with everyone else. Her main goal was to simply get through her senior year, get into college in another location and leave Beacon Hills for good. Unfortunately, Alana Jane knew it wasn't going to be that simple but nobody could stop a girl from dreaming.

     "Alana Jane."

     She turned around and saw the same tanned boy who was almost taken down by the large man the night before. She shut her locker and turned around to face him with her arms crossed.

     "What do you want, Scott?" she asked while looking him dead in the eye.

     "You were there last night," Scott said slowly.

     "At the senior scribe? Of course I was there, you saw me," Alana Jane said while shrugging her shoulders.

     "I'm not talking about the senior scribe," Scott said cautiously. "I'm talking about that guy we fought. You were there and you helped us."