10. Bigger Issues

CHAPTER TENBIGGER ISSUES

CHAPTER TEN
BIGGER ISSUES

◥✥◤

     While Scott was examining the body, Alana Jane stood beside Theo with her arms crossed. Turned out that his name was Josh Diaz and he was a junior and Alana Jane resisted the urge to bite her nails when Scott asked who killed the chimera on the table. If he knew that it was Theo who killed him and Alana Jane aided him, he wouldn't understand. He didn't even understand her and the accident so she knew he wouldn't understand Theo doing what he did in self-defence. He always believed there was a way to solve problems without killing anyone. But sometimes, it was the only way but he would never understand that because he was Scott.

     "Someone needs to keep an eye on the body tonight. We can't just walk away and leave the alarm on since the last time we did that, we lost Tracy," Stiles said.

     "I'll do it. I got no big Saturday plans," Theo replied.

     "If you need an extra set of eyes and ears, I got no problem staying here too. I told my parents I was staying at Kira's on the way here and they didn't question anything," Alana Jane said as she shrugged her shoulders.

     If anything, they were probably happy she got over her "grudge" but if only they knew what was really going on and what their daughter was really involved with. If they had any idea, they would lose their heads. And as strained as her relationship with them was, she didn't want to worry them by telling them she was fighting alongside and against the supernatural world. They just needed to worry about going to work and dealing with a teenage girl, not werewolves, Dread Doctors and chimeras. Maybe she never had a shot at a normal life but part of her hoped that maybe her parents would after losing their first daughter.

     "What is it?" Stiles asked when Scott looked at his phone.

     "Another chimera," he answered as he put his phone in his pocket. "Are you two sure you'll be alright here?"

     "Please. He has fangs, claws, super strength and speed and I have...something. We'll be fine," Alana Jane said and watched Scott and Stiles leave the clinic.

     Theo was standing by the table where Josh's body was laid and Alana Jane leaned against the wall. Maybe she should've gone home and called it a night but it was too late for that now. She was at the clinic with Theo and a dead body which she was partially responsible for since she held him while the werewolf ripped his throat out. It was a good thing the body was covered so she didn't have to look at his lifeless face and neck caked with dried blood. The only thing she could see were his claws hanging off the sides of the table while the rest of his body was covered with a sheet.