Chapter Eighteen

Hello my loves, I honestly don't even know what to say at this point anymore. My life is chaos, I have a bit of writer's block and my anxiety is so bad at the moment. All I can say is that I'm sorry and I will try harder to get updates done on time. Thank you for all your support and love over the last year of really shitty updating.

Kiron's POV

Looking at my grandpa Evan, I felt fear rising up inside me. The small, but feisty man looked really tired and pale.

It was in this moment that I realised that he wasn't as invincible as I liked to think.

I have always looked at him as the strongest wolf to ever live, and I probably always will, but there was a fragility that surrounded him now, that was never there before.

It hit me hard to realise that he was getting old now, along with grandpa Jax and that we might only have a few years left with them.

I was pulled out of my musing by Laken, who had wrapped his arm around my waist as he felt my emotional turmoil and I gratefully leaned into him. He kissed my forehead and I sighed in content, because I was exactly where I wanted and needed to be right now.

"Why the hell does it feel like we are about to attend someone's funeral" Carmichael exclaimed as he walked in and looked at everyone's expressions.

His head jerked forward from the harsh slap that was delivered to it from behind and I saw uncle Phoenix walk in, followed by a snickering Craven, then my aunt's Lily and Lilith and finally, uncle Paxton.

My heart warmed at the thought of spending some quality time with my family again, but we had some urgent matters to discuss first, before any of us could relax.

I waited for everyone to find a seat in the office, before I moved to take a seat on the desk edge.

"First, I want to say how great it is to see everyone again, it's been far too long. Second I wanted to thank all of you for being here on such short notice. Especially you, grandpa Evan and you, grandpa Jaxon. I know how much you dislike traveling now." I smiled at my grandparents, who were both smiling back at me. My omega grandpa still had his beautiful, shy smile and my grandpa Jaxon still had his huge, open grin as he pulled his much smaller mate closer to him.

"It's okay, love. This is something we really don't want to miss and we also think we might be able to help you with what is happening right now. So how about you tell us everything, then we can take a small break while everything sinks in and then we can look at the situation objectively and make our plans." Grandpa Jaxon was still as sharp as he used to be and I felt myself finally relax a bit, feeling much better about everything now.

I proceeded to tell them about what we had found out about our ancestors, Railin and what he had done to Belladonna and I was relieved to see they were just as disgusted with him as I was.

I gave them all the details of everything that has happened over the last few weeks and then we came to the last two issues. Everyone wanted to know about mine and Kira's appearance changes and then of course, the pregnancy.

I explained to them how our appearances had changed and that our wolves were now fully awake and aware and then they all turned to Laken.

"So what is this about your pregnancy being out of the ordinary?" Grandpa Evan asked in his soft voice.

I was going to answer, but Laken put his hand in the small of my back, indicating he will take it from here, so I just held him against my side as he spoke.

"Well, this morning I still had my abs, no sign of a baby bump anywhere. Then I got agitated and shifted into my Wolf and when I shifted back, I had this." He said as he whipped his shirt over his head and exposed the gentle swell of his abdomen. At the mention of him being agitated when he shifted into his wolf, I also heard Papa snort, before he could control it.