Chapter Five

I know I'm a bit late again this week, but I've got some family issues at the moment and haven't been in the right frame of mind to write till now. I really hope you enjoy this update. It's going to have a very light, naughty scene, but nothing too graphic. You all know I prefer to concentrate on emotions, rather than the action itself, lol. 

Laken's POV

I stretch my body as I begin to wake up, but I can't seem to straighten out properly. I open my eyes, frowning and look down, only to feel a smile spread over my face. My baby is stuck to my side, with his face dug into my ribs. His legs were thrown over and tangled with mine, causing me not to be able to move my body properly. 

I think back to last night and I sigh at what had happened. How could they do something so horrifying? They had a problem with Kiron and myself, yet caused the deaths of innocent bystanders, two of which were just babies. My heart breaks all over again as I recall the two mothers we had picked up, still clutching onto their children protectively, even in death. 

I tried to push the sadness as well as the rage away, Kiron needed me right now and I had to be strong for him. I wrap my arms around him and gently pull him up and closer to me, so I can kiss his forehead. His eyebrows scrunch up cutely and I couldn't suppress the smile that covered my face. Kiron would probably have a fit if he heard me calling him cute, he would probably punch me. He wasn't small, or feminine in any way, shape or form. He was 6'2 ft of pure muscle and that is what I loved about him. He was completely manly, but every now and then he would get the cutest little pout on him lips that just made me want to kiss him forever and not stop.

I had to move my lower body away from him a bit, when my thoughts started to get a bit heated. I felt the need to mate with Kiron a bit stronger than him due to our age difference, but I also knew that now Raikin was awake, he would start feeling it a lot stronger. It also didn't help knowing that we would have to Mate before his birthday, because he needs his full powers before the war. But even with knowing all of that, there was no way I was going to rush him. He will let me know when he was ready to take our relationship further than making out and cuddling.

I decided it would be safer to get up and go for a cool shower, while my Mate got some extra sleep, so I quietly slipped out of bed, and watched him curl around my pillows. Too cute, I heard Odin's smug whisper. I grinned and shook my head at my wolf. You wouldn't be saying that to Raikin's face, I say to him, wanting to laugh out loud at his huff.

I make my way into the bathroom and turn on the shower, making sure it's on a cool setting, before stripping out of my pajama pants and boxers. I brace myself and step under the cool spray of water, and it helps a lot towards cooling my rising libido. I really need to keep a better check on that, I didn't want Kiron to feel uncomfortable.

I had just wet my hair and was busy lathering shampoo into it, when I felt arms wrap around my waist from behind. I jolted in fright and swiped the soap out of my eyes to look behind me, only to see my love standing there with a very predatory grin on his face. But it wasn't Kiron, the golden eyes showed me that Raikin was very much awake and in charge. I felt Odin's excitement in my head and did my best to stay calm, while I turned around in his arms, raising a brow questioningly.

"Good morning my love, is there any particular reason for this little visit?" I ask, pulling him closer, not able to stop myself. He was stark naked in the shower with me, and I was just flesh and blood after all.

He smiled wider at me, "I thought I would come and say good morning to my Mate. Kiron was thinking about it, but that human needs to grow some serious balls when it comes to you, so I decided to take over and do what he was wishing he could do." He tells me in a smug tone. My breath hitched as he put his face in the crook of my neck and I felt his tongue slide over the sensitive skin of my throat. I could feel the dominance coming from him, but I was not Odin, no one dominated me. I also knew that he wouldn't allow me to dominate him, so I slipped into the back of my mind and let Odin out to play with his Mate.