6: Jailbreak

Happy April fools! This is no joke, I had a lot of fun finishing this chapter. Also, look at Shaye and me, we're amazing actors -w- On with the show!

It must have taken a few minutes, maybe an hour before we decided to look back. The Foot had taken Leo, Donnie, and Mikey, the one turtle I had the same brain cell as. And with Splinter passed out and Raph presumed dead, who wouldn't lose hope in a time and state like this? Not us, that's who. We sat under a rainfall drain, hearing the remaining Jeeps drive off, splashing a bit of water into the sewers and onto us.

We then heard something crumbling a bit. "What the... Splinter?" Shaye ran back to the room, and I followed, adjusting my mask a bit. We soon arrived to see rubble and Splinter's unconscious body underneath. "Check for breathing or a pulse." Shaye motioned to me, and I nodded a bit, trying to find Splinter's rat wrist. Although I was a bit squeamish to check for a pulse in an unsanitized mouse man's wrist, I soon found one.

"He's stable." I turned back to Shaye. And we saw his chest rising and falling a bit, although it was weak. We heard someone's footsteps behind us, and Shaye and I turned. We couldn't have been happier to see Raph's silhouetted figure. "Raph, you're alright...!" Shaye smiled a bit, getting out of his way. Raph pushed some rubble off of his father, panicking a bit. "Let's get him to the needle room." He told us. "The what?" Shaye and I turned our heads a bit.

And soon enough, we followed Raph to the so-called needle room. "Get the first aid kit! On the shelf!" He set down Splinter on a nearby table. "Hurry. Hurry." Shaye mouthed to herself as we started roaming the shelves. Eventually, we found said first aid kit and set it on the table with Raph. "Raphael?" We heard Splinter's familiar voice and looked down at his rat face. "He lives...!" I smiled.

"I'm here," Raph reassured his father. "You must save your brothers. Stop Shredder." Splinter ordered him, breathing shakily. We heard another alarm blaring in the computer area. Leaving Raph with his father, Shaye and I ran off to what remained of the monitors. Brushing aside some stray cables, Shaye and I studied a radar screen. Adjusting the commands, we found a red dot on top of a location in New York.

"Fascinating...!" I gasped, pushing up my glasses. "It's a sort of tracking device." Shaye deduced. "It's Donatello!" We heard Raph reply. "Dona...tello...? Oh, Donnie." I mumbled to myself. "Go, Raphael." Splinterlet his eyes slip closed, presumably going into a sort of sleeping state. "Let's go save my brothers." Raph nodded determinedly, presumably talking to us. As Raph was gathering his brother's weapons, Shaye and I were doing last-minute checks.

As far as we knew, we had extra hats, masks, and hand sanitizer bottles. I quickly texted my partners in a Discord group DM. "Hey, so, my friend Shaye and I are going out to do something risky. Ttyl, and I hope to see you all again, ilysm. Add a sparkling heart for flair, boom." I texted them, then saw their very sweet responses. Shaye and I also let Olivia, Claudia, and the Hooligans on the PFC server know.

"Wait, we forgot something. We need a ride." Shaye paced around Raph. "Wait, don't we already technically know someone who could give us a lift?" I suggested. "Hey yeah." Shaye nodded, then picked up her phone and started calling Vern Fenwick, the only New Yorker we knew who could drive a van. "Hello, Vern, my friend and I need you to meet us at Cortlandt Alley in 10 minutes. No questions, please just do it." Shaye informed him.

"Wait, why?" Shaye put the man on speaker. "Sir, we are afraid that we can not talk about it. We just need you to meet us there, alright?" Shaye stood her ground, then hung up. A few minutes of climbing up to said alley later, we snuck towards the familiar news van, finding Vern wearing a brown fedora for some odd reason. "Uh... What's with the hat?" Shaye pointed at the hat. What is with the... I don't know, it's a buddy of mines. It's just a goof." Vern explained.

Shaye and I blinked at each other while looking "What in the cinnamon toast f-ck?", then turned back to Vern. Shaye entered the passenger seat of his van while Raph and I went into the back. "What do you want to do? You wanna head downtown?" I heard Vern conversing with Shaye, but at this point, all I wanted was to save the other turtles. I turned to Raph, who turned to me. "...What's up?" I flashed a peace sign at him awkwardly.