30

It's May now and the boys debut date is here

It's May now and the boys debut date is here. The boys were nervous, but one in particular was even more nervous for his birthday less than a month away.

Jun moves from the chair where his hair and makeup were done and squeezes his way in between Seungcheol and Joshua on the couch.

Jun is welcomed into their embrace, and he feels better with Joshua's head on his and Seungcheol's hand holding his. He feels his stress lessen in the comfort of his soulmates.

"Is everything ok, darling?" Seungcheol asks.

"I'm just a little nervous, that's all," Jun replies.

"Me too, but we'll be fine."

"You're sure?"

"Yeah. We might not get a win with this album, but I know we'll be successful. We'll be performing in America and we'll have our own show and we'll be famous!"

"You really think so?

"Definitely."

"Ok, hyung." Jun smiles into a kiss from his oldest soulmate.

"Now let's go, darling."

Seungcheol takes Jun's hand in his and leads him to the elevator.

"Seungcheol, is everyone here?" Manager Jeon asks.

He scans the boys, coming up one short.

"No, where's Chan?" Seungcheol steps off the elevator as soon as he gets no reply before turning back to look at them. "You can take them upstairs and I'll go find Chan."

"Are you sure, Cheollie?" Jeonghan asks.

"Yeah, don't worry."

Seungcheol runs back to the dressing room as the elevator doors close. He looks everywhere. The stylists help him, and they even look under the couch, only to find Chan behind the clothing rack.

"Baby?" Seungcheol squeezes in next to Chan and waves the stylists away. "We have to go to the stage area, why are you back here and not with us?"

"I can't do this. I can't perform up on stage in front of a bunch of people. Why did I think I could be an idol?"

"You wanna know why?" Seungcheol takes Chan hand and places a kiss on the back of it. "Because you're super talented, and amazing at what you've been training to do. Plus, you have me and all the other boys. We'll support you no matter what."

"You promise?"

"I promise, I love you."

"I love you, too." Chan takes a deep breath before standing. "I'm ready. Let's go."

"We're gonna have to run."

"Let's race!"

Chan takes off running with a loud laugh. They make it to the rest of the group, Chan immediately clinging to Vernon and Seungkwan and Seungcheol sliding next to Jeonghan.