56

"Hyung?"

"Hyung?"

"Yes, darling?"

"Will you come with me to the bathroom?"

"Sure. Are you ok?"

Chan shrugs as he reaches out for Seungcheol's hand and they start to walk together.

"This building is intimidating, and I really don't feel like talking about what my parents did to me."

"Aw, darling," Seungcheol coos. "I can ask the lawyer to call me up first if you want."

"No, it's ok. I need to do this."

"Alright, and right after, we can take a break and get some water or something, ok? That way you don't have to be in there when your parents are testifying."

"Ok. Thank you, hyung."

*************

"Do you really want to be called Hansol?" Seungkwan asks.

"No, Vernon is fine. I just wanted to see what my parents would do, and it is my legal name."

"Their reaction was kind of funny," Seungkwan laughs.

"True. I wish we could just be done with this, though."

"Me, too, but don't worry, we'll be fine, and we can always just make Mingyu cuddle with us later."

"For sure, Mingyu gives great hugs." Vernon laughs softly.

*************

"Hey, Hao, will you help me get water for everyone?" Mingyu asks.

"Sure, let's go."

Minghao takes Mingyu's hand and swings it between them as they walk over to the vending machine.

Mingyu puts in a twenty, and presses the water button twenty times as Minghao collects them and lines them up on the ground. Mingyu figures the other seven water bottles can go to the parents of their oldest soulmates.

Each boy takes ten water bottles in their arms before they walk back to the area where their soulmates are resting.

As soon as the water is passed out, they're ushered back into the courtroom.

"I'd like to call Lee Chan to the stand, unless that's not your name either," the lawyer chuckles by himself.

"It isn't," Chan shrugs. "My name is Xu Chan."

"What?!"

"Ma'am, please sit down," the judge looks at Chan's mom and gestures for her to sit as Chan walks up to the stand.

Chan describes exactly what his parents did, focusing solely on Seungcheol as he speaks and not the glares of his parents. He just wants to be done and go back to sit with his soulmates, but the lawyer just keeps asking more and more questions.

Chan can feel the need to cry building, but he pushes through it as he finishes answering all the questions.

He's released to go sit down and immediately, he's led out of the room by Seungcheol as he hears his parents being called up.

"You don't need to hear what they have to say, darling."

Seungcheol sits on one of the benches and pulls Chan into his lap.

"Did I do ok?"

"Yeah, you did really well. Do you need anything or do you just want to sit here?"

"Can we just sit? I just want a hug."

"I can do that."

The two sit in silence until Jeonghan comes out of the room to get them.

"After hearing all the evidence," the judge starts. "My ruling is that the restraining orders will still stand and these boys will be emancipated immediately and left in the care of their soulmates. Please escort Mr and Mrs Lee, Mr and Mrs Chwe, and Mr and Mrs Boo off the premises so these boys can leave in peace."

All three sets of parents are escorted out as the boys try to contain their excitement.

"Go ahead," the judge waves at the boys. "I love a happy ending to a case."

"Thank you, sir."

The boys cheer as they leave the court room.

Seungcheol holds Chan's hand and leans over to kiss his cheek.  He really hopes that all of the drama with his darlings' parents is over, and right now, he just wants to celebrate.

Jeonghan is right behind Joshua as they go towards Vernon.  He happy to be there for his soulmates and he's even happier now that they're free of their past.

Joshua pulls Vernon into a tight hug and pecks him on the cheek.  He's thankful that younger boy is happy now, and finally able to live.

Jun is quick to celebrate with Minghao, both jumping as they cheer.  He knows he plays a lot, but there's no one he'd rather have fun with than his three youngest soulmates.

Soonyoung goes around hugging his soulmates.  He's ecstatic that his boys are free and they don't have to worry as much anymore.

Wonwoo holds Mingyu's hand as the younger leads him out of the building and cheers.  He's not fond of crowds, but he is fond of his soulmates.

Jihoon has his pinky hooked with Seokmin's as the younger goes towards Chan and Seungcheol.  He's happy that they can live out their dreams together now.

Mingyu keeps Wonwoo close as they make it out of the building.  He can't contain his joy as he links arm with Seungkwan.

Seokmin has Jihoon with him as he goes to hug Chan.  He's excited for the rest of their lives together.

Minghao is with Jun as they cheer and jump. Minghao is overwhelmed with joy knowing that the only ones younger than him can finally be happy with no interruptions.

Seungkwan links arms with a bouncy Mingyu and can't keep the smile off his face.  He can finally rest a bit, knowing that Vernon and Chan are safe from their parents.

Vernon almost passes out, but he focuses on Joshua's pretty smile and manages to gain some bearing again.  He never has to see those people again, and he is eternally grateful to their soulmates for helping them.

Chan hugs Seungcheol back tightly and pulls Seokmin in when he gets close enough.  He can't believe he's finally free of his parents.

Seventeen lives on to see another day, and there's no way they could ever be pulled apart.

// don't worry, this isn't the end

// don't worry, this isn't the end.  I still have more ideas ♡