I have acquired a child

Technoblade was on one of his journeys that usually would last days maybe weeks. His dad packed his food, even though he is well capable of getting it himself, and his brother simply asked him to burn his abusive exs village. He had already done that. Now he was roaming around some desert looking for a place to rest.

A house glowed in the distance in front of the setting sun. It looked abandoned. Good. He didn't really want to sleep in bloodstained blankets again. He directed his horse to the house a quickly made it. He tied Carl to a fence post and fed him a few apples before walking to the front door.

The inside made it look like the house was left in a hurry. Most things were toppled over or broken. There was a thin layer of dust barely visible making him think they left maybe only a few days ago. He shrugged it off and stepped around the broken objects to look around the house.

Did you hear that?
House ain't empty
hey demons it's me ya boi
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
ayo this shit haunted or smth

He silenced the voices and listened for whatever they heard. There was faint shuffling coming from an open room. He reached for his sword and slowly walked towards the room. He took it out and turned into the doorway. There wasn't anyone there. Techno looked around the room, the closet, behind the door, under the desk. Nothing. He shrugged it off and was about to leave the room until something started crying.

He quickly turned around and saw something moving under some blankets. He moved towards it and quickly pulled the blanket off. Big blue eyes looked at him as the crying stopped. It smiled and reached up at him. The piglin looked around. The house was empty. Why was this baby alone. He looked back down at it. It was a small thing, couldn't be that old. Maybe a few months.

BABY
awwwwwww
eat it
/rainbowchat
BABY
WHO SAID EAT IT
disgusting
Me Want Bebe
DONT KILL IT OR I WONT PAY FOR CARL

That's all it took for Techno to pick up the baby. Then he noticed something. It was a hybrid. It looked mostly human but had some piglin features. It didn't take long for him to figure out why it was abandoned. He frowned at the thought.

Technoblade wasn't one to like kids let alone take care of one. He knew it isn't the best to take a baby on a killing spree with him or to the nether or to overthrow some country.

He didn't like kids. He didn't like toddlers. And he definitely didn't like babies. But. The way this baby smiled and cooed when he picked it up made something in him want to protect it. And when it watched him while he looked around the kitchen for something to feed it made him want to make sure it never left his sight. And when it fell asleep against his chest that night he decided something.

I'll protect this one with my life.

The voices cheered and fussed about the baby only stopping when Techno fell asleep. The voices weren't all "blood and death", they cared sometimes. They cared about this baby.

The next morning Techno woke up to the sound of crying. Immediately he was trying to figure out what caused the baby to have this reaction. Was it hungry? Maybe its cold- shit. How do people change diapers? Maybe it's tired. Fuck. Technoblade did not know how to care for a baby.

After calming it down and changing its diaper with some he found in the room he decided it was time to continue his journey. He gathered supplies he found around the house and took some food. He wrapped the baby in his cape making sure it was secure around his chest and walked out to Carl. The horse sniffed at the bundle around his chest and nipped at the cape only to be pushed away by the piglin.