Volleyball

Brooke's POV

I wrote up to my normal alarm at 7:00am listening to the radio .

"Good morning California! This just in Emblem3 it's back in their hometown after their tour . Keep in the look out for them . And here is one of their original songs, Indigo ...." The host said. As soon as the music started playing I shut the radio off and continued getting ready for my morning jog . I grabbed my Nike right fitting Capri's and a purple Nike sports bra. I put on my purple Nike sneakers and walked out the door. I started my England couldn't stop thinking about him. Wesley Stromberg. Yes the Wesley Stromberg from Emblem3. We were best friends before he left for the X-Factor . We grew up as neighbors and nondescript the moment we met .

I started to develop a crush on him in 8th grade . And in 10th grade when I was 15 my mom started to a use me and the only person I told was Wes. I didn't tell my dad, my brother or anybody else . Wes was there for me whenever I needed him . Every Friday I would go to his house and spend the night . And while I was there he would sing indigo to me right before I fell asleep in his arms. Those were the good days . Everyday after he left guys would hit on me and any guy I dated word cheat on me with some dumb bimbo. So I stopped dating for a while and focused on my training and volleyball . I got into such deep thought that I wasn't paying attention to where I was running and stepped into a pothole and fell into someone .

"Ah! My ankle! Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry,I wasn't paying attent..." I stopped talking once I realized who it was. "Wes?"

"Brookie?"He said his face lighting up. "what are you doing up so early?"

"Um I go for an early jog every morning around this time" I smiled . He stood up and held his hand out to me I took it and stood up, wincing at the pain that shot up through my ankle . He seemed to notice and grabbed my elbow, steadying me .

"Um I don't think you should run on that quite yet." He said picking me up bridal style. "So where to my lady?"

I laughed told him the address to my apartment . We talked a lot and I told him ho my life has been since he left including the part about the guys . When I brought it up his jaw clenched and he looked angry.

Wesley's POV

I can't believe I'm finally seeing her again . I've missed her . Her beach volleyball games, her softball games, surfing with her, the way she bites her lip when she's nervous or thinking, her long tan legs, her sparkling blue eyes, everything about her . Every time I performed on the X-Factor I imagined I was singing to her.

I walked her back to her apartment, set her on her couch and got some ice from her fridge. I walked back to her and set it lightly down on her ankle. I saw her wince slightly .

"I hope you don't have any plans today because I don't think your ankle is gonna be able to handle it ." I said sincerely .

"But I have a volleyball game" she pouted "what if I wear a brace?"

"if you promise to wear the brace then fine" I laughed, I felt like a parent .

"Yay!" she smiled . We talked for what seemed like forever when she came out in her volleyball outfit which was basically her bathing suit . That's when I remembered how she used to stay at my house before the X-Factor.

"What happened when I left for the X-Factor?" I asked, and she knew what I was implying .

"Well, for like a month or two she hit me every Friday I was home and then I moved out and I haven't talked to them since"she said on the verge of tears.

"I'm so sorry... I should have been there for you" I said wrapping her in my arms and bring her to the couch so I could hold her. Holding her just felt so right, like we were supposed to be like that. After she stopped crying, we walked to the beach for her game where we saw Aislinn and Keaton .