Lunch

Brookes POV

We walked into a small restaurant just down the road from the beach . Not many people were here as most of them were at the beach. We got a table and sat down, it was kind of awkward at first the four of us having separate conversations

"Hi I'm Mike and I will be serving you today... what can I get you folks?" The waiter said as he winked at me.

"Um can I have the chicken and lemonade please" I blushed. Wes' jaw clenched and he ordered a steak.

"Carlisle I think that guy was into you" Keaton laughed

"He's alright, not sure if I'd go after him though" I blushed. And both Keaton and Ace laughed, Wes just looked around. Mike brought us out food and have me a note with his number on it.

I looked around the restaurant and noticed this guy starting at Ace.

"Ace don't look now but I think you have a secret admirer" I laughed. She immediately turned and looked at him.

"Him? He's liked me since like 6th grade" she blushed.

"So what was that look for when we were at the beach talking to that girl?" Wesley asked me.

"Mackenzie? Brooke has had a rival with her for the longest time"Ace said.

"What started it?" Keaton asked

"Not really sure one game they just would smack talk each other and Carlisle here would spike in her face" Ace explained perfectly. Wes gave me the tell-me-the-truth look.

I sighed and explained "Well before I came here I went to her school and well we got very competitive. And one day it got to the point were she was doing rumors about me because I crushed her in a game and she's set out to destroy my life. She's even determined to go after my crush."

Everyone was silent.

"After all this time I thought it was just your competitive spirit" Ace laughed

"well some of it was" I laughed.

Everyone chuckled and we ate our food and headed back to the beach, we still had an hour till our match so we decided to hit the waves. I borrowed one of Wesleys' and Ace borrowed one of Keaton. We surfed for a good half hour then got dried off so the sand wouldn't stick to us while we were playing.